PDA

View Full Version : off idle sputter

buell007
05-22-2007, 07:23 AM
hey I just bought a xb9r 2007 I bought it new fron the dealer. when I go to grab some throttle it has a cough. but then it piks up power. this is my first v twin, and i am not sure how much valve train noise is normal. any info would be nice thanks Erin.

tbramich
05-23-2007, 11:00 AM
on a v-twin not much noise, on a buell lots of noise. excessive noise could be the drive chain is to lose. if you hear a valve tap sound on occasion from the lower left side thats the chain.

link
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I also have a 07 xb9r, and can hear alot of valve chatter at different RPMs. It has done it since it was brand new, I have asked several techs at the dealer and the said it is normal...

06xb9r
05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I have an 06 xb9r that I bought new last year and it has always had that off idle cough. Talked to a tech at the dealer and he said it was normal and try to be smoother on the throttle. It doesn't do it all the time, just every once in a while. It happens a lot before the bike is warmed up. I have noticed that it does it more/less depending on where I get my gas. Sunoco 93 is what it seems to run best on. As far as engine noise... there is some there, I figure it's normal for these engines. The stock muffler is so quiet that you just hear the engine.

mrdozer2you
05-24-2007, 01:58 PM
So put on a different pipe and drown all that crap out like I do [up] :p