PDA

View Full Version : Please help

dustin_usmc1
03-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I have an '08 XB12S and have done the airbox delete and have the drummer exhaust installed. Since I have done the airbox delete and removed the exhaust valve servo I have had a check engine light. I have also purchased the ecmspy cable and have downloaded the program, but I do not know enough to comfortably get in there and start changing stuff. I called the dealership this morning to possibly get the bike on the dyno and get it tuned there, but they told me that the '08 ECM is self learning and does not need to be tuned. Is there any truth to this?

Thaloc
03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Once u d/c the exhaust servo, there is a plug you can buy from american sportbike that plugs into where the servo went that will stop the VTwin light. Its true 08 ECMs cannot be remmaped yet without piggyback devices such as Power Commander, or PCDIII. But the Drummer was designed for Buells before they implemented their ECMs so there is no need for a remapp with a drummer. ECMSpy and Direct Link cannot change the A/F maps. The 08 and 09 ECMs do have a learning ability, but with the airbox mod and drummer you will run a bit lean till you do either of those.

dustin_usmc1
03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks Thaloc, I thought that was the problem with the engine light. So where can I pick up one of these Power Commander or PCDIII's? And how much do the go for? Thanks again.

oxygen151
03-07-2009, 06:56 PM
With ECMspy you can simply turn off the exhaust servo by checking the box. I can't find the thread right now but someone dumped a screen shot of exactly how to do this. All you need to do in ECM spy is turn off the white wire, which controls the exhaust valve. I am no ECM spy expert but I am sure will have something else to say about it. I know you dont need to purchase one of the servo emulators. Most people that have used one, have said they break in a couple months. So dont waste your money just yet, either play around with ECM spy until you find what I am talking about or, wait for someone else to give you more detailed directions.

LeFox
03-07-2009, 07:00 PM
check engine light can be shut off if you eliminate the signal, as oxygen151 mentioned.

and the '08 ecm's are tunable without piggy-back units.

GatorBuell
03-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Open up Ecmspy
connect cable to the bike
click on button that looks like a cable
comport box should open up then click auto detect
then in the line of menus that start with overview, ecm run time, go to the one that says eepromp and click on that
look for a button near the top that say Fetch eepromp and push
(make sure your run switch and key is in the on position)
When you get the page to fill with little boxes full of numbers and letters you have your eepromp
then on the top of the page click on the diagnostics box a drop down menu will appear with checked boxes to the right. Click on active muffler control off and press burn.
Then click white wire off and click burn. then exit ecmspy
it will as you to save the changes to eepromp click yes. then save it some where you can find it again when you start tuning.

Hope this helps Devildog if not let me know and I will walk you threw it by phone.

dustin_usmc1
03-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks GatorBuell, I followed your directions, but the active muffler control toolbar is there but not highlighted and I cannot select off or on. Any ideas? Semper Fi,

GatorBuell
03-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Is your eeprom showing on the eeprom page like this
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/97FloridaTJ/Eeprompage.jpg

dustin_usmc1
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
no I can't get that page. I can't find the eeprom button. I have ecmspy v.1.12.1 and it doesn't have that button on the main page.

GatorBuell
03-08-2009, 05:52 PM
13865661707 give me a shout and I can walk you threw it.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/97FloridaTJ/eeprom2.jpg