PDA

View Full Version : Hi From South Africa

LionBuell
03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi to all on the forum.
My mane is Morne and this is my first post. I live in South Africa the most beautiful country on earth
I will be collecting my first Buell on Saturday and can`t wait.I am getting a black `06 xb12x. I`m flying down to Durban (I stay in Johannesburg +-600km) and driving back.
Congrats on the great forum i have spent quite some time on it and learnt a great deal. if there are any other members in SA please let me know
null (steenm@webmail.co.za)
You will definatley be hearing from soon.
cheers Morne:D

Stevenc150
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the Forum! Congratulations on the purchase of your new addiction. :D[up] Look forward to seeing some pics of your bike.

LeFox
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM
well...apart from me being born there, there's only one member (deon) here i think that is also from jb.

welcome and have fun!

2KWIK4U
03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Welcome and congrats. Have fun on your new addition, I have to wait till winter is over yet.

Danny

burnteyes
03-14-2009, 12:01 AM
congrats have fun

riding_tall
03-18-2009, 03:53 AM
congrats .. great bike, enjoy. Not sure if this site frowns on cross posting but badweb.com is also a great site for buell riders.

check out the tec. forums here .. a lot of good,well organized info.

Wish I could be riding with you .. someday I'll ride there, and it will be on my Uly.

LionBuell
03-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Thanks to all who replied. Collected my bike on Saturday did the trip from Durban to Johannesburg with out any problems. I am busy trying to get comfortable (ergonomicly not fantastic) on it. I think i would have to change the foot pegs gear leaver and rear brake lever the adjustment is not ample. Does any body else have the same problem on it? On the good side the power of the bike is unbelevable and soooo smooth. It will get its 16000 km service tomorrow, so cant wait to see what it would be like after.

Riding tall it would be great to see you in RSA we really have a beautiful country and so much diversety in reasonable close proximity. To to any one who wants to come please do so.The exchange rate favours you $1 = R10.20.

I will post some photos soon maybe on this thred?

Totsiens(good bye) :D:D:D

LeFox
03-18-2009, 09:17 AM
i'm coming over in december, for the second time this year. :p

riding_tall
03-19-2009, 06:48 PM
opps .. bad weather bikers is what I was trying to say.
a great site for buell owners.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com

there are aftermarket pegs available.

Changing the front brake pads also makes a big difference in the feel of the braking.