PDA

View Full Version : Buell Blast seat replacement

hazardous07
02-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and also a new buell blast owner. I own a 2008 blast currently 100% stock. I can't wait to mod and customize it. I don't know too much about motorcycles but I understand this is a great bike to start with.

I have made some additional purchases already to sorta get the look I want from the bike. I purchased a clubman handlebar as well as bar end mirrors and a performance spark plug. I'm starting small now but then will get to swapping the air box and purchasing a new exhaust.

To get to the point, my biggest obstacle is the seat position. I would still love to keep the bike a two seater but give it the "streetfighter" look. I visited a forum were someone replaced the blast seat with one from a buell XB9R. Now I'm hesitant to just buy one because I'm not familiar with the sizes being compatible. I love the look it gives and the picture I found gives the look of exactly what I want from the blast.

This will more than likely be one of the last things I will attempt to do on the bike amongst rear lighting with the new seat. I'm road mapping everything out that I would like to do to make this as easy as possible.

Any feedback would be great fellas! Thanks for reading!

ezblast
02-02-2014, 05:24 AM
You will either have to fabricate mounting, or build your own sub-frame.
EZ

hazardous07
02-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Dang. I just love the style it brings to the blast. The main thing it to keep it two seater a such as possible. I'll have to look into something else. I don't feel too exactly confident that I can fab my own mount.

jetlee
02-18-2014, 03:34 PM
I visited a forum were someone replaced the blast seat with one from a buell XB9R.

That was me.
http://buellridersonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6844
http://i.imgur.com/qkcVv5k.jpg

Lots of fabrication was required.

hazardous07
02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Holy crap that's the bike! Lol I'm suuuuuper jealous because I'm not a welder nor do I know any one who is. Ideas are pouring in and the creativity is there but I'm lacking the talent and tools to make it all happen.