PDA

View Full Version : cali sandblasting

buellster85
02-04-2014, 11:29 PM
hey has anyone had there frames and or parts sandblasted and or powdercoated here in cali for a fair price? i have called around and gotten some pretty outrageous quotes from local shops just for sandblasting/chemical stripping the frame and swing arm for my blast. if anyone has info on a fair priced place please let me know because im not liking what im finding

buellxb9rs
02-05-2014, 01:20 AM
I'm about to invest in all the basic stuff to do it myself because I can do that for what it would cost to powder coat a frame and one set of rims.

buellster85
02-05-2014, 02:38 AM
i thought about it but would rather leave the mess to someone else i dont really have a place i can do it in

buellxb9rs
02-05-2014, 02:42 AM
Just a thought, good luck finding a reasonable place. Sometimes you can find a place that is doing a run of a certain color and you can have yours thrown in at that color pretty cheap but not always

chevy42083
02-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Just be aware that places that don't usually do show stuff... may not have perfect finish. If that matters to you.

My brother found a shop that usually did industrial stuff, and had his jeep bumpers/sliders done. They look good, but have fish-eyes and aren't really as glossy as "gloss" should be. Get what you pay for. He fine with it... it's a jeep.

<we're in tx, not cali>

squidbuellie
02-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Are you in northern or southern?
There are two sandblasting places that I use one in Martinez the other in Oakley they both are pretty cheap, but I give them both repeat business and only pay cash.
The last complet bike I had done was frame, rims, triples, stay, pegs and rear pod and other mis parts........and it cost me $120

Now I don't really like to recommend powdercoaters but there are three different ones I use, one in Pittsburg which is bye far the cheapest $300...........but if you use him you want to have all of your parts ready so they can be done at the same time. And if there is a impurity have him redo everything over....trust me if you don't the color will not match.
There is a place in walnut creek that is pretty solid but the guy is kinda a d-ck and will get to your parts when he gets to it, so it might take a month to get done.
The last place is in Livermore they cost the most but stay on schedule and don't really give any discounts