PDA

View Full Version : ECM part numbers and model compatability

fastmart
02-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Hi fellow buellers... a couple of questions please...

Background:
In minimising my low rev surging issue, I thought it time to check error codes and map on my ecm - which meant a visit to my friendly HD dealer for a code check and reflash. However, I apparently don't have the original ecm fitted.

Instead they say I've got a US ecm on a UK/EU machine - and that incompatibility locks them out from the diagnostics!?? Not sure if this true for dealer equipment or a great way to quote me £435/$715 for a new ecm.

However, I've managed to find a used one in the uk with the replacement/correct part number they gave me.

Questions:
1. The new ecm is part number Y0152.3A8 and from an 09 machine. Mine is a 08 machine. Is it ok to fit this? I'm presuming these are compatible hardware if the part number is the same (?) - but will the maps be different?

2. My current ecm part number Y0152.1AM doesn't have the spade connector between the main connectors. The new one does. Any one know what this is for - and will it cause problems as I've nothing to connect to it (that I can see?).

3. Anyone know what model bike my current ecm Y0152.1AM is from?

Many thanks for any help on this!!!!

rsexauer
02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
I do know that the spade between the black and grey plug is a ground. Not all years/replacement ECM's use it. My 07 Uly does have it and is a frequent source for intermitent troubleshooting.
The part # on my 07 Uly is Y0152.3A8 07135. I am sure you will hear from more knowledgeable sources here soon. Are you in the US or UK?

ich
02-11-2014, 12:48 PM
the spade between the black and grey plug
is AMC control.

ztied
02-11-2014, 01:09 PM
I believe just the 1200s had the spade connector. Like mentioned above for the active muffler control. Did you by chance get an ecu for a 900 on there

fastmart
02-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all your input guys... I'm posting this update in case it helps any one else in the future.

In the end I went back to my HD dealer as I couldn't figure how to proceed. It turns out they gave me an incorrect part number.

Y0152.3A8 is for ecms for 07 and earlier (not for my 08) - so the ebay part I've bought was also incorrectly listed as for an 09 model. Apparently Buell made an excessive of Ulys in 06 which were still selling in 09 (hence an 07 spec ecm (and bike) on an 09 registered bike and licence plate).

I actually have the correct ecm Y0152.1AM without the central spade (for the interactive exhaust valve as lch says). There now just the issue of why the dealer is locked out of my ecm which they're going to look at again...

I now have a great condition Buell ecm for 07s and earlier if anyone wants one part no Y0152.3A8... (in the UK).

Brocky
09-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Thanks for all your input guys... I'm posting this update in case it helps any one else in the future.

In the end I went back to my HD dealer as I couldn't figure how to proceed. It turns out they gave me an incorrect part number.

Y0152.3A8 is for ecms for 07 and earlier (not for my 08) - so the ebay part I've bought was also incorrectly listed as for an 09 model. Apparently Buell made an excessive of Ulys in 06 which were still selling in 09 (hence an 07 spec ecm (and bike) on an 09 registered bike and licence plate).

I actually have the correct ecm Y0152.1AM without the central spade (for the interactive exhaust valve as lch says). There now just the issue of why the dealer is locked out of my ecm which they're going to look at again...

I now have a great condition Buell ecm for 07s and earlier if anyone wants one part no Y0152.3A8... (in the UK).

I don't suppose you still have that ECM. I think it will fit my Buell XB12S. If so perhaps we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.