PDA

View Full Version : Koso T&T Cluster on Blast

Hyena
02-20-2014, 01:00 AM
So I've lurked here often! But never posted anything..

Finally I have something to contribute!

Lately Koso had been changing some of the gauges around, and selling their stock closeout on some older ones. I've always had my eye on one in particular that looked like it would fit well in the Blast, but never actually pulled the trigger on it cause at the time they were ~$300

I found one on clearance for $149 that was bearable, so I bought it. I'm super glad I did! It worked great for me after I had time to fiddle around with it.

I did finally get it to work with the stock speed senor on the bike, after calculating a lot of weird things!

The wiring is very straight forward, the only part that more involved is making a small filter for the tachometer input. But even then, it's not too bad.

If you can find one, a lot of places are clearing their stock of them! And of course, it does basically fit into the gauge cup as is, you do have to dremel some holes, and some clearance, to the stock gauge cup. But the plastic is easy to trim with basic tools.

I was going to take some night pictures, but it wasn't night time, of course.

If anyone wants more pictures, or wiring diagrams, or such, feel free to ask-

Anyway, Pics!

http://i.imgur.com/btgp8qp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4fgfQC7.jpg

And a Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmk-QFHbsKU

turboraven
02-20-2014, 03:10 PM
[up]

John422
02-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Very cool mod. It looks good I like that tach looks very easy to use and read.

djs2k2
02-20-2014, 03:47 PM
[up] Rev it to 10,000 then post another Pic[up]

Arkitek
02-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Awesome Mod! yeah i would love some info on that! Well done!

Hyena
02-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks a ton for the replies guys-

As for 10,000RPM- I, of course, rev to 10,000 allllll the time- It's just I can't hold the camera and film it at the same time *cough cough*

--

Just a a general info in case someone stumbles across this topic with this gauge in the future, in regards to set up:

And of course- This was on my personal Bike- I am not responsible if it might not work out correctly on yours!

--

Wire matching to the harness:

I used the stock plug and just soldered the new wires to the plug end so I could plug the gauge in like stock. It's not hard at all as long as you give yourself some space and extra wire to work with.

Note that, on the Buell harness, the wires are NOT actually coloured, but labeled with their colours, on black wire- just look for the markings on the wires themselves.

Koso Harness > Buell Harness

Dark Green > Not used - For Fuel Sensor
Purple > Tan - Neutral Indicator
Orange > Violet - Left Turn Signal
Blue > Brown - Right Turn Signal
Yellow > White - High Beam Indicator
Grey > Green+Yellow - Oil Pressure Warning
Brown > Orange+White - Switched (+) Power
Black > Black - Ground
Dark Brown - Goes to RPM signal wire**- Will explain this further down
Red > Orange+White - Constant 12V (+) : note: I connected this together with the Orange+White, but ideally, this should connect to the battery. The annoying thing about not doing this, is that the time on the gauge will reset itself each time the bike is turned off.

--

Speed Sensor Harness:

This is three wires bundled together, you will have to separate them and connect them in this order- Be careful not to get confused with any of the above wires, as there are a couple in this separate harness, that are the same colour as some above:

Koso Harness > Buell Harness

Green > Black - Speed Sensor Ground
Brown > Red - Speed sensor Power
Brown+White > White - Speed Sensor Return

--

To get the gauge to read speed from the transmission speed sensor stock on the bike, the following settings must be used- they will need to be adjusted slightly up, or down, depending on which tire size you're using.

These are for a size 140/90-16

- Rolling Circumference: 300mm
- Hall Pulse #: 20

--

**For proper RPM reading, when using the PINK signal wire going to the coil:

- Piston Type: 0.5
- High Act

For "proper" RPM reading, when wrapping a signal wire around the coil wire itself:
(I do not recommend this way if you have the stock coil[I do], there is a ton of "noise" and the tach will be jumpy)

- Piston Type: 0.5
- Low Act

--

I did finally get a shot at night when I think it does look (imo) the best:

http://i.imgur.com/5L8pUdv.jpg

Let me know if there are any questions beyond that! Thanks again for looking

djs2k2
02-21-2014, 01:03 PM
[up]

Thumpe
02-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Welcome great post.
I'm really liking this setup it's pretty sweet.
An I'll make it hit 8000rpm. [up]

Thumpe
02-22-2014, 10:03 AM
An Hyena do you have a link to where you got yours at?

Hyena
02-24-2014, 06:09 AM
Hey Thumpe! Unfortunately I got mine at a smaller local store that had a couple still in their stock, they don't seem to have a site set up... If you like I could probably middleman it for you if you're interested in getting one. They still seem to be a bit cheaper than most places online still on that gauge.

loco85
02-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Can you list the model? Thanks

Thumpe
02-25-2014, 06:34 AM
I found there site and I wish I could right now Hyena things are alittle tight on my build budget.
Great find though.
The model is - T&T Meter - part # BA035K00

http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/koso/shop/speedometer-motorcycle_gauges/

ezblast
02-26-2014, 03:27 AM
I just dropped a dime for it - perfect for my rebuild and leaves space for the intelli-jet dial to be mounted across a bar.
EZ

McEddie
07-28-2014, 04:06 PM
@Hyena
wow, that is a great mod and I love it... Do have a question to it, does the unit able to switch between miles and kilometer per hour?

I am from Germany and would be interesting in this too, specially if I can find this special one and if it is showing the speed in kilometers per hour...

@all
Maybe anyone can be helpful in get my hands on this, could not find any source in Europe for this unit.

Cheers

jetlee
07-31-2014, 02:38 PM
http://www.kosoeurope.com/