PDA

View Full Version : open air and exhaust valve

XBen12
03-16-2009, 09:05 AM
hey mate / mates

if you do a open air box mod on the 12 dose the exhaust valve still work? I apologise in advance if I ask such a silly question [confused]

cheers :D

Stevenc150
03-16-2009, 02:07 PM
All depends on whether you keep your servo valve, which is located on top of your inner airbox. Some have cut the outline of the air filter out of the top of the inner airbox. I think if you went that route, you could keep your exhaust valve mounted in the stock location.

XBen12
03-16-2009, 11:08 PM
hey Steve, what would be pros cons for this? thinking about doing the voodoo external elbow pipe mod & open air, if i remember correctly you still maintain the valve on the pipe...

use it or loose it? if i went for different exhaust option (non valve slipon) I would lose it!

cheers

Stevenc150
03-17-2009, 02:40 AM
The valves original design is to increase low-end torque, that initial kick in the "arse". But most rip it out and never look back.

It would be easier to fab without it since you wouldn't have to use the mount on the inner airbox cover at all, wouldn't have to worry about routing the cables, etc. I've seen open airbox mods with just a simple piece of plexiglass fitted on top of a K&N.

Really comes down to personal preference & design. Good luck with whatever you do. :)[up]

XBen12
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
sweet, cheers mate!