PDA

View Full Version : Turn around time on the Drummer exhaust from KDfab?

brijesh600
03-16-2009, 02:50 PM
I am a little disappointed about the amount of time it is taking Kevin to get my XB9S stock exhaust back to me, its over two weeks now and I am still waiting on the call when i can send him payment for the drummber fab and might take another week for him to ship it.
Not dissing Kevin or anytihng, he seemed like a really cool and genuine guy when i spoke to him over the phone. But the first time i called him and sent the stock exhaust in, a week and a half later still hadnt heard from him. So i called him and he said that he was working on my exhaust as we speak, he wanted to make sure that it was a 9 s and not a 12S! (shouldnt he be contacting me to check on that, instead of waiting on me to call him?) anyways he said he was runing short on parts becasue the materials he had ordered had taken longer to arrive. But he should be set now. He told me he would be giving me a call later in the week when it would be done. I waited all week, and it is onday now, still no call..

So am i the only person having these issues, or KDfab expanded to the point where customer service is no more a priority? the only reason i spend the extra money on the exhaust was becasue of reading all the threads on here about how great Kevin was to work with,etc etc. Just wanted to hear if anyone else had a similar experience!

As a disclaimer, i hope this comment doesnt effect his sales, becasue from what i have been told he does a really good job on the exhaust!

Stevenc150
03-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I've seen many posts stating that he's running behind because of all the orders that he's trying to fill. Especially since he started fabbing pipes for the 1125's. 2 months for delivery for some.

brijesh600
03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
2 months for delivery for some.

wow! I had e-mailed him a week before i was going to ship out the exhaust and asked him what his turn around time was like, and he said that usually it was a week and a few days depending on the work volume. So i figured with a buffer , 2 weeks would be a good time span! but 2 months, geesh!!
all i can say is that it better be worth the wait!

brijesh600
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Whohoo!! just got a call from Kevin (coincidence?) he is shipping my exhaust out today!So hopefully by the end of the week my XB9s wil be rocking a drummer[up]

oxygen151
03-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I just fired up my bike for the first time since fall. I put a drummer and did some other mods to it over the winter, and I can personally tell you that it was worth the wait. I am so impressed by my Drummer exhaust. It sounds and performs great.