PDA

View Full Version : suggestions?

jgxb9r
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm looking for some more power out of my Buell xb9r, just got a Jardine slip on because of the American sport bike XB shootout. I was also wondering what kind of ECM to get, the Buell after market one, or the techlusion one? any ideas please post them.

jgxb9r
06-09-2007, 05:31 PM
actually, i decided that this is a stupid post, and if i had wanted a faster bike i would have gotten a 12. but thanks anyway

maybebuell
06-09-2007, 07:51 PM
dont think the point is going faster..because it wont but you can make it a lot quicker from 0 to 135. or 70 to 90 mph.....bump the compression up...that will do more for you than any ecm or bolt on crap...it a harley shave the head and hold on

zombieBUELLer
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
go faster (http://www.britnett-carver.co.uk/trojanhorse/prods/171.html)

jgxb9r
06-12-2007, 04:37 PM
yes zombie that was in the final plan

jgxb9r
06-12-2007, 08:19 PM
and what should i get, because i have to choose between these two, the tfi controller, or the buell race ecm. im not really sure what the difference is, but i would appreciate any help.

slydwazer
06-14-2007, 03:38 PM
The Buell race ECU is real good, as is the Direct Link software to remap your existing ECU. If you're simply looking for easy bolt-on horsepower and torque improvements, buy the Buell ECU and K&N air filter to complement your Jardine pipe. Use a good quality premium fuel to minimize detonation. Don't overlook a premium grade oil like Royal Purple or equivalent synthetic, as much horsepower can be absorbed by friction.

jgxb9r
06-15-2007, 05:40 AM
thanks, i still dont know what the other one does, could someone help me out?

slydwazer
06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
jgxb9r - "i still dont know what the other one does" -- The Techlusion, Power Commander, Vance & Hines, or any other aftermarket recalibration kit simply modifies the existing fuel and/or ignition signal for better performance. The Direct Link allows modifications to the existing ECU as many times as you like. The aftermarket products series in the circuit -- disconnect original connector & insert the aftermarket "inline" with the existing ECU. It receives the "stock" commands to the injectors and "enhances" it before delivering to the injector. The Buell ECU is an ECU that has a modified map installed and is simply plug & play. The TPS should be reset after the installation of any of these. Hope this helps.

jgxb9r
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
yeah, that helps a lot, i ordered a buell ecm because that sounded like it was a bit simpler. two questions: 1. if i install it will i have any problem riding over to the dealer to have the tps reset? (as opposed to having the dealer install it) 2. can i install a new air box cover, and replace the existing filter, then put the ecm on, and still ride it over to the dealer, if the answer to question 1 is no i wont have a problem? thanks.

slydwazer
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I would not install the ECU and expect to ride it to the dealership unless it is within pushing distance. The new ECU has no idea where the actual throttle position is until you reset the TPS. The bike will run, but not very well without the reset. Schedule with the dealer and install it in the parking lot and push it in the shop. It only takes a few minutes to install and with a little coordination with the service department, they could probably turn it around while you wait. Or, you can buy VDSTS software and reset it yourself as many times as you like.

jgxb9r
06-19-2007, 04:32 PM
could i install the other parts and ride on the stock ecm? then install the race one at the dealer and have the reset done?

DruAdams
06-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Use the template found on this forum to create a new layout for your speedo, change the numbering system from the standard mph/kph to something like warp factor or something similar, then hook up a camera to the tank so you can video your 9R heading past warp factor 5, then post it on your myspace page to proove you have the fastest bike around.

Best of all there is no major expendature of funding other than paying for speeding tickets because you exceeded the posted speed limit by several orders of magnatude

slydwazer
06-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Put your Jardine on, leave the stock air filter in, ride to the dealership, install the race ECU and air filter in the parking lot, and have the shop reset the TPS. Ride out a happy camper and be safe!

jgxb9r
06-20-2007, 03:10 PM
i actually got an open air box conversion, and a air box with air scoops on it. so could i do those before i go?