PDA

View Full Version : EBR 1190 poll

Wheelygerry
03-15-2014, 02:40 AM
Hello everyone, I'm very curious to see how everyone else likes this new 1190. I have read a lot of post and a lot of ppl want to see a naked/street fighter version. What if they don't make a naked version? [down][up]

Enemy Zero
03-15-2014, 03:34 AM
It's a nice bike and a very good bike for a version 1.0 product. The one at the dealer here has some fit and finish things I could nitpick but all in all, I really like the bike. I was amazed at how light it felt when I sat on it. Just waiting for them to get it set up as their demo bike and I can give a full ride review :D

anrkizm95
03-15-2014, 03:35 AM
[down]

BuellRonin
03-15-2014, 03:50 AM
Would be a nice track bike, but I have no need for it on the street. Naked sport bike is my poison of choice.

Restlessrustler
03-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Im a huge fan of the Lightning xb9sx. as far as what ive seen nothing impresses me with the new EBR. unless the new nakid bike is better than the monster...my second bike will be a monster.....EBR.....you have failed me in your indian market

dmp0001
03-15-2014, 03:54 AM
I am not really into the superbike thing. If it were naked they might have something. I doubt they ever will, but I would prefer they made an aircooled alternative aswell. I do like the fact that buell is still doing what he does best.

Enemy Zero
03-15-2014, 04:35 AM
I forgot to mention before that I am most definitely waiting to see what the naked bike will look like. I'm hoping it is a "must have" bike in the looks and performance department.

SilveradoTX
03-15-2014, 05:43 AM
If their is no "naked" bike from EBR then I think a good chunk of the Buell community will be lost. Especially since most of us like the XB series bikes.

A lot of people are waiting to see the SX and AX, which we've all assumed will be the stripped down street fighter and touring versions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an evolution of the 1125CR design if EBR stays with the liquid cooled setup.

Then again, maybe the SX and AX are designs for different bikes that had never seen the light of day. The 1190RS and SX are very similar to the stillborn Baracuda II... time will tell. I can't help but wonder if the next bike to be released is going to be the deal breaker for a lot of people.

wolfo68
03-15-2014, 06:45 AM
It looks like it should be easy to take off the side fairings. I couldn't tell what it'd look like without the sides on, but maybe dean can oblige us sometime before I pick mine up.

GregoXB
03-15-2014, 07:25 AM
The EBR 1190RX is not for me, but I wouldn't say it doesn't impress me. It is a tower of power.

GregoXB
03-15-2014, 07:50 AM
In fact, I really can't wait till they start reviewing it and putting it up against the competition. I'm really curious how the motorcycle community will receive it. Lots of butterflies in Erik's stomach right now.

anrkizm95
03-15-2014, 12:02 PM
unless your buying it for looks wich it doesnt have imo or the status of having a 19k bike it doesnt add up.its going to compete against the zx-10,s1000rr and it cant.for the same price you could have either one of those and another bike or the 5k.hopefully ebr will come out with a standard with good numbers and looks.

d_adams
03-15-2014, 12:40 PM
The SX (and the AX) will be announced officially later this year. Give them a little more time, race season just started and I think they're a little busy with it all (WSBK and AMA racing) right now. I have faith in them, I knew about the RX for a couple of years. It's priced higher than what I'd been told initially, but it was still within my reach to get one.

Don't like the RX? Don't buy it. I did and am damn happy to have it.

GregoXB
03-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Although the EBR 1190RX is meant to be on par performance-wise with the Jap liter bikes, I think it is meant to appeal to the guys looking for something different and unique. The Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, BMW crowd. In which case its price tag is right on target.

thumpin1203
03-15-2014, 04:04 PM
The 1190SX is an American made sportbike, built by an American entrepreneur and select American talent.. it is an awesome handcrafted machine and in showrooms, for sale now! that speaks volumes.. whatever happened to Motus? or any other US sport motorcycle manufacturer? FAIL! Erik Buell and his "elves" are winners.. these hell-for-cool machines and all things EBR to come, are larger than any juvenile derogatis. Props up to the American sportbike flagship, and GO USA!

Craigslist and fleabay are full of clapped-out, beat-up second hand xb and tube frame platform bikes/parts these days, and more so with jap, chinese, korean and european bikes.. have at 'em boys. (The well kept, maintained and coveted examples of American made Buell renditions are becoming harder to find and surely command appreciation yet today..)

I know at what level I intend to pledge my support and allegiance..

arikam
03-15-2014, 04:57 PM
[up]

Mwstevenson
03-15-2014, 05:02 PM
[up][up]

anrkizm95
03-15-2014, 09:01 PM
I did and am damn happy to have it. [up][up]
and that is what matters most.

BuellyBagger
03-15-2014, 09:46 PM
I have faith in them,

I'm right there, anxious and excited! I really doubt they would back out on the SX and AX. The Ulysses seems to have gotten more popular in the last few years so the AX should be a slam dunk and there is nothing better looking than the naked version(SX) of a badass street legal race bike(again congrats in the RX purchase dean, im very jealous)! Granted if they didn't build them I would be upset...[up]

d_adams
03-15-2014, 10:28 PM
I finally set the suspension on mine this morning, took it out for a victory lap on some of my favorite twisties here. Yeah, it's good. Still getting totally comfy on throwing around a $20k bike, so I still have some chicken strips at 250 miles, but they're getting smaller. Way too much traffic out to really get after it, so I'll stick with that excuse for now. Average speed was 45, my norm on those roads is 70+ at a minimum.

Wheelygerry
03-16-2014, 01:00 AM
I myself and very excited about this bike. I'm also excited about the direction of this new ebr. I was never a harly guy that likes buell, I'm a sportbike guy that is compleatly amazed with this bike. I hope to see a lot of guys crossing over from Japanese bikes to American made EBR. I have a 1125 now that I got a year ago. I seen the 1125 and was honestly impressed to find out it was competitive, so I bought it. Now this 1190 is a whole new beast!!! GO EBR, and GO USA!! I hope this is just the beginning of the American super bike.

kd4gru
03-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Was at Daytona this week. At the EBR tent.
They were telling about the naked bike out this summer and the adventure bike out this fall.
Any wait to see them..

WALLSXB
03-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Not a fan of it. Looks to generic & japanese IMO and lacks the distinct look that the Buells had. I know it has the same style front brake, fuel in frame blah, blah, blah but it looks like so many others out there. As I've said plenty of times of late there are a lot of other better established brands with better dealer networks, features and heritage for the same if not less than the price of entry for an EBR. I seem to be getting "bashed" for saying that but just because I love Buells, especially the XBs, doesn't mean I have the need to like the EBRs. I wish Erik the best in his endeavor but the other brands are more appealing to me, at least until I see the naked & adventure type models from him.

oh9bolt
03-17-2014, 12:19 AM
^Welcome back to buellxb.com

WALLSXB
03-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Thanks! I check in periodically just to see what's up in the Buell world.

DrogeN Omen
03-17-2014, 12:41 AM
i like the new EBR1190RX and wouldn't say no to one but i'm a naked biker through and through.

cant wait for the EBR 1190SX to be out later this year.

818Guy
03-17-2014, 12:48 AM
I was indifferent when I saw the pictures.

Seeing the 1190RX in person... Wow.

EBR did a fantastic job with the bike. It looks amazing.

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/wp-content/themes/EBR/style/images/RX/BlackSideWallpaper1024.jpg

Looking forward to what's coming in the future.

My vote: [up]

GregoXB
03-17-2014, 12:53 AM
People passing judgement already, but the bike hasn't even been reviewed or tested yet. There are barely any on the street as of right now. Aside from D Adams, most of our information is from photos and a spec sheet, and maybe a display at a bike show.

onelogue
03-17-2014, 12:58 AM
[down]
Great review/opinion .... [down]

anrkizm95
03-17-2014, 02:15 AM
Great review/opinion .... thank you i thought that summed it up pretty well but i wouldnt call it a review just an opinion.:)

anrkizm95
03-17-2014, 02:31 AM
Welcome back to buellxb.com [up]

Matteson
03-17-2014, 04:17 AM
I ragged on the new EBR. That was because I was still riding an xb. Shortly there after I bought an 1125r. Now I understand. Go Mutha ****in EBR!

thumpin1203
03-17-2014, 05:06 AM
@ 818guy.. that picture is sex on wheels man. Great post-up

@ WALLSXB.. "I know it has the same style front brake, fuel in frame blah, blah, blah" ...how old are you? I hear that same less than intelligent rhetoric from the "kid-squids" over on the "other" forums.. (ah well, doesn't really matter.. I don't believe EBR is targeting that audience anyway.. at least I hope not).

anrkizm95
03-17-2014, 12:19 PM
well the experts have spoken and this says it all.:p

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/best-new-motorcycles-of-the-2014-riding-season?icid=autos_5219
J/K

WIGGLE2
03-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Yep....I couldn't wait any longer....I bought a Honda Grom.

sportbikermed
03-17-2014, 02:00 PM
I am currently riding an XB12R and had an 1125R (til it got totaled). I love the naked look with a fairing. I am getting ready to put an S tail on mine. Just like the look. On that note, I love the slim tail on the RX (and looks the same on the SX) and I love the fairing. I'm not a big fan of the lower fairings as is does make it look more generic but I could live with it. My biggest grief with the bike aesthetically is the muffler hanging out on the side. I love the under slung exhaust on the old Buells and really hate they went away from that. All in all I think EBR did a great job and if I had that kind of extra cash it would be my next bike

oh9bolt
03-17-2014, 02:15 PM
It still has the underslung muffler....

Honda_Sol
03-17-2014, 02:22 PM
What I want to know is how comfortable that seat is? Dean? Haha

1125RCya
03-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Love the looks and the feel. The 1190 is a great introduction for America's first true sport bike. Once you realize this is not Buell nor can you compare it to your old bikes. The less expectations you have and the more you'll be impressed. We all see that Erik has done what he had intended to do from the beginning of his career. Erik has built the first true American sports /racing bike for the world stage. I'm sure the naked bikes will be here soon. The best is still to come.
Welcome to Erik Buell Racing!

d_adams
03-17-2014, 04:05 PM
It's a little more comfy than the stock 1125 seat is. If I had to guess, the 1190RX is what the 1125 was originally intended to be until hd stuck it's fingers in the mix and screwed it up. At one time I'd heard "this will not look like every other japanese sport bike out there" so that's why it (1125) got the pods on the sides instead of the full fairing like it (1190) has now. I'm sure there were a few other design changes and at one point I think I'd heard mention that the original displacement was supposed to be 1190, not 1125. The reason I think that may be accurate is because of the intake throttle bodies. The 1190 uses pretty large ones, I'm fairly sure they're 61 mm or so. The 1125 uses the same size, but the Barracuda (2nd gen 1125) was supposed to get smaller ones, I think 54 or 57 mm to help with the midrange response. That leads me to believe they're oversized for an 1125, but not an 1190 like what was probably the original design. I could be wrong though.

Look at the specs between the 1125 and 1190. The 1190 is an all out sportbike. 40 more hp, 20 ft/lbs more torque in stock trim. Honestly, I'm surprised there are very many hd dealers that even considered picking them up. They still push them off to their own little corner and most sales guys have no clue about the 1190 performance, specs or anything else. I probably know more about them than the sales guys at the place I bought mine, but that's ok, they were at least willing to learn a little and asked if they could call me for info or help on them. At least Reno's Powersports had them sitting right in the middle of the showroom floor, proudly on display. The Ducati's and Aprillia's were all the way in the back, EBR's were within 25-30' of the front door and to get to anything else, you pretty much had to walk right by them.

d_adams
03-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Btw, the rear header on the 1125 was 1.75" (roughly 44-45 mm) and the 1190 is 2.350" or 60 mm. Huge difference.

Draxsonimy
03-20-2014, 05:49 PM
msrp is $18,9

what are they really asking for them?

d_adams
03-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Msrp. They are in limited supply and high enough demand.

vance580
03-20-2014, 09:12 PM
I talked to them at Daytona also. They said they will be releasing the SX in June. They said they are still experimenting with different front ends and getting it to look clean with no fairings but they said there are prototypes floating around their plant. They said once the design is finalized it will be released what it will look like. They also said all the bikes they had at Daytona were becoming press bikes after bike week so I would expect to see them tested and hitting publications within the month.

d_adams
03-20-2014, 10:08 PM
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/03/20/2014-ebr-1190rx-first-ride-review-photos-specifications/

I reviewed it a week and a half ago though. Not as comprehensive, but I did it before the mags did. :P

go cytocis
03-20-2014, 10:33 PM
I reviewed it a week and a half agoDo you concur with the smooth throttle response? On the street?

d_adams
03-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Above 3k, yeah. It still has some roughness below that though. I don't spend much time there now, ran it up to 7500 rpm today and it definitely scoots along pretty good.

WALLSXB
03-21-2014, 02:40 AM
@thumpin1203....... I'm 44 years old and have had 4 Buell XBs since 2006. Traded in my Ss in 2008 for a BMW K1200R and had it for 8 months and traded back to Buell because it didn't give me the satisfaction and thrill my Buell had given me. I've had an 06 Ss, 09 Ss, 08 STT, 03 XB9 . Ask anybody that knows me and they will tell you how passionate I am about Buells. I'm not a "kid-squid" by any means. Next question.

fireinxb
03-21-2014, 07:57 PM
I ****ing love it. Not something I would buy, and I've yet to see anything that I would replace my XB with.. but I still lust for it.

Denman
03-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Not a fan of the looks, but i am not a street bike kinda guy. But I love buells and EBR and totally support them in everyway. It is an awesome bike, just not for me. I'm waiting for the SX, very excited to see what they've done. I'm thinking/hoping it will be a contender if they get the looks right. The power plant on it is going to rip!

Wheelygerry
03-25-2014, 04:23 AM
Ppl keep saying they don't like it cause it's a SPORT BIKE. Well guess what it is a full blown sport bike, not a Harley, nor was the concept to make a sporty Harley. EBR is now making what HE wants and that's american sport bikes that can compete with jap bikes not Harley's made for crusing. We want a American made sport bike that can beat the japs. Ebr, is eric buell RACING, not ebc Eric buell cruisers

oh9bolt
03-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Atleast you spelled EriK's name correct...

WIGGLE2
03-25-2014, 12:37 PM
We want a American made sport bike that can beat the japs.
Good luck with that. COMPETE with Ducati & KTM?.....perhaps. It IS a great beginning for him, but he has a long way to go to be a world contender.

Denman
03-26-2014, 06:55 PM
We're not saying its not haha.. We're saying we don't like sport bikes.. I think they are more interested in the ax and sx. But you are correct, it is a sport bike..[up]

noone1569
03-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm about 95% buying one. Test riding on Saturday.

Dean, I'll probably message you on facebook with some questions if you don't mind.

d_adams
03-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Don't bother with the test ride, just go get it. I did.

anrkizm95
03-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Don't bother with the test ride, just go get it. I did. bad advice unless your just buying for the looks or because its american made.also try riding the zx10 and the s1000rr. a friend drove to plano to ride the bmw and the ebr came home and bought a zx10.

noone1569
03-26-2014, 08:43 PM
bad advice unless your just buying for the looks or because its american made.also try riding the zx10 and the s1000rr. a friend drove to plano to ride the bmw and the ebr came home and bought a zx10.

Definitely not looking at any JAP bikes. Deciding between the superduke 1290 r and the 1190RX. Although, there's an RC8R new here for sale pretty cheap, but that's one uncomfortable bike.

anrkizm95
03-26-2014, 08:49 PM
there's an RC8R new here for sale pretty cheap, but that's one uncomfortable bike. that was my opinion of the rc8r also

d_adams
03-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Brand loyalty, it's even more comfy than the 1125 is, I like the way it looks (even more now that I have it home) and it rides very smoothly. What's not to like?

I'll definitely pay a little more for American made, personally I BELIEVE in American engineering and manufacturing, so I put my money where my mouth is. As the saying goes, "money talks, bs walks". Guess I didn't do any walking.

anrkizm95
03-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Don't bother with the test ride, just go get it. I did. cool but this is still piss poor advice,bike,car,plane or anything else.[down]

oh9bolt
03-26-2014, 10:21 PM
[up]

Jezuz
03-27-2014, 12:28 AM
Although, there's an RC8R new here for sale pretty cheap, but that's one uncomfortable bike.

Seriously? It's the most comfortable superbike I ever ridden! I know I almost bought one! If you compare it with naked bikes with upright handlebars and the choice to add luggage, then yes it is not that comfy, but seriously, I could ride that bike all day long on track and not feel tired!

Back on subject, I love the new RX! Well, the looks are what got me in to Buell, and I don't like the look of the new EBR, but I know that what's hidden under is what I'd like to ride! Can't wait for them to get to Europe, might start saving money...

d_adams
03-27-2014, 12:55 AM
Sorry you think it's piss poor advice, but I already had an xb9 and 1125, so based on prior experience, I can (and did) CONFIDENTLY make that statement. I KNEW it would be better than either of the previous two bikes, just the level and quality of the parts involved guaranteed it. Just the suspension upgrade alone was worth it, then throw in more power, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Denman
03-27-2014, 02:40 AM
That's why I'm pumped for the sx, everything about the new EBR (except looks in my personal opinion) is amazing. The power plant I think is a monster! I cannot wait to see what the come out with for a naked bike