PDA

View Full Version : Jardine with....?

CptGutz
03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I am purchasing a Jardine exhaust for my 2004 XB12S and I am new to this whole process. What else do I need to make this work? Bare minimum just being the pipe or do I need a servo emulator or not? Do I need an ECM? If I do get an ECM what exactly is throttle position sensor recalibration and is THAT necessary? I've also heard the stock ECM will adjust to just the pipe, is this true? And if it is will it also adjust to a pipe and K&N air filter combo? Obviously I'm new to this all. Thanks in advance for any help!

GatorBuell
03-20-2009, 11:53 PM
If you just do a pipe the stock ecm will compensate for the little extra air. A pipe and K&N with the stock ecm is too much and the bike will run lean and hot. You don't need a servo eliminator if you just leave it hooked up. I ran mine like that for a few months, its no big deal. If you take it off your check engine light will come on and stay on. You will need to do a tps rest after you put the pipe on, a dealer can do that or you can buy a ecmspy spy cable $40 and down load the program for free and do it yourself.