PDA

View Full Version : bike wants to stall on long rides

chevymike
03-21-2009, 04:13 AM
When I go on long rides the bike will start to act like it is going to stall. It looses power and comes back briefly. Then it will loose power and I will pull in the clutch to rev it, or drop down a gear and give it gas. That usually will get back power. What is causeing that? I have an 03 XB9R with 7500 miles.

squiers007
03-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey chevy, have you done the breather re-route yet? I have the same bike and was experiencing some of the same symptoms you are mentioning. After I did the re-route the problem was solved. Just do a search for it and you will find several threads with good info. Hope this helps.

GatorBuell
03-21-2009, 04:00 PM
When was the last time you did a TPS reset. That would be my first guess.

chevymike
03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
never done a TPS reset. Is it something that I can do myself? I can do the breather re-route on my bike, all the threads I have seen have been for other year buell's. Do you have the breather re-route you used squiers007?

Stevenc150
03-27-2009, 04:44 PM
never done a TPS reset. Is it something that I can do myself?
You can do it yourself with ECMSpy or a Dealer can do it for you.

I can do the breather re-route on my bike, all the threads I have seen have been for other year buell's.
Yes you can do it. It applies for all Buell XB's. Under the box has remained unchanged for the most part except for the "snorkel" hole.

Trill
03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
did you check your battery connections?