PDA

View Full Version : Leaking swingarm weld on '06 CityX

roycet4
03-21-2009, 11:13 PM
My Son just bought a used CityX today and when we got it home I noticed a drip of oil on the ground just in front of the rear tire, after looking there was black permatex covering the weld on the bottom of the swingarm. Has anyone else experienced this? Was there ever a recall or anything?? This bike only has about 9,100 miles on it... If anyone has experienced this have you been able to "stem" the flow of oil without taking the swingarm off and getting the seam re-welded??

Thanks for any input.

Royce

truckinduc
03-22-2009, 03:36 AM
make sure its not coming from the oil lines where they attach to the swingarm.

roycet4
03-22-2009, 06:50 AM
No, its definately the weld, I wiped/cleaned the bottom of the swingarm really well, you can see the oil ooze from the center of the weld. I'm thinking that removing the swingarm and getting it welded is the only and the bet way to fix it.

LeFox
03-22-2009, 01:32 PM
i would try to bring it in for warranty...

otherwise have it welded.

truckinduc
03-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Ya definitely try for warranty. Nothing anyone could have done to hurt that weld.

Trill
03-22-2009, 11:48 PM
JB WELD! :)

roycet4
05-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Update:
My son made a wonderful connection thru another Buell website who help helped get the swingarm replaced under a goodwill warranty, My son will be a Buell owner for a very long time. Though I ride a '94 Softail (98K miles) and will purchase an Ultra Glide next year, I have been looking for some type of Buell for a 2nd bike. Time to sell off a couple of dirtbikes..

What a great company and great people. I hope some day to be able to thank them in person. [cool]

xtremelow
05-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Buell definitly takes caree of their riders.

My bike had an issue with the headlight going dim after a while, not a recall just a satisfaction thing and boom brand new headlights.

Many of their recalls are not really a recall just like I said above Great Owners and Operators.