PDA

View Full Version : What about Remus

murdrais
03-22-2009, 07:28 PM
So new to the forum and new to bikes, and need some help and opinions.
So i've been lookin at some exhausts and really like the design on Remus revelution ans te jardine carbon but whenever i read a post here u all recommend Ti-force or Micron. So would Remus/Jardine be a bad choice? i'm also going for the pipercross airfilter and the remus powerize for maximum flow, is this the right way?
I got a Xb12s from 2007 and my main goal is to get a great sound,that deep roaring thunder like, standard muffler is getting a bit boring.

jsg
03-22-2009, 08:22 PM
I would check for a drummer or drummer SS too.

squiers007
03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
It all depends on how much you want to spend. If you can afford it I would go with the micron as it will give you the biggest hp increase. If you are looking for an exhaust on a budget I would go with one of the drummers. With any exhaust you decide to buy a high flow air filter and airbox delete are a must.

murdrais
03-22-2009, 09:52 PM
could u explain what a airbox delete is, and can i buy it on trojan?
Sry for being this new to the bike world ;)

squiers007
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Its all good, everyone is new at some point. Info about the airbox delete can be found here

Airbox delete (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/Buell-aftermarket-parts/air-box-delete)

I'm not sure if you can buy a kit from trojan or not but americansportbike.com sells them. Or you can do what others have done and fabricate your own. When/if you do buy a new exhaust you are going to need to either buy a race ecm or have your stock ecm remapped(best option). The remap can be done through americansportbike.com also, or you can do it on your own using ECMspy. The third option is to use ECMspy but have mike from xoptiinside.com create a custom map for you for around $150 if im not mistaken. Hope this info helps.

murdrais
03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
so what i need is http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/96.html a race ECM or get stock remapped and a muffler?
And thanks for the advice so far :)
btw. thanks for the tip on drummer the look pretty cool aswell

squiers007
03-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Yep, that is exactly what you need. Glad I could help.

LeFox
03-23-2009, 12:03 PM
there's not really a 'bad' exhaust...all are good, but some are just better :p

jardine
pro: price
con: maintenance

remus
pro: silent inserts included, quality, aftersales
con: torque/hp gain close to nill

drummer
pro: looks, sound
con: mod-time due to large demand (from what i read here, don't see them in euroland)

micron:
pro: quality, sound, performance
con: illegal for street use (who cares), ecm mapping is deffinatly needed.

etc etc.

murdrais
03-23-2009, 02:48 PM
thanks all for great advice.
But Lefox are u saying that i don't need a ecm mapping if i choose jardine?

LeFox
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
well, depends what you're looking for...

if you're just looking for sound and you're not changing the flow inwards (airfilter, box-delete, etc) you can get away with the slip-on without ecm remap.
although i'm not really a great supporter of that method since the bike is already tweaked on the lean side from factory.

if you want what is best for you engine, you'll have it mapped. at that momnet you can still choose for top performance or just so it's not running lean. (yes, there's a difference)

murdrais
03-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Ok then i'll have it mapped, cuz i am doing the airbox delete, just have to find someone in denmark to do it:)
And again thanks for all the help

Buellysses
03-23-2009, 05:46 PM
micron on ebay (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=buell+micron&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

09XB12Ss
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I just got the Remus, and installed it with the intermediate insert. Love the sound. Not too loud but nice and deep. It's great that that it comes with the different inserts so you can have it your way. I didn't get it for horsepower, but it does make the bike run so much smoother, and I haven't installed a Powerize or modded the airbox. Once I open up the intake and add the Powerize, I'll let you know how it goes.

murdrais
03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
ahh cool and are u going to remapp your ecm or just running stock?

09XB12Ss
03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
For now stock. When I get the air box mod I will run the Powerizer. I can't have a proper remap out here where I live. Powerizer is the next best thing for 08/09s.

murdrais
03-23-2009, 07:09 PM
how about for the 2007, if i get the powerize do i still need to remapp? i think options in denmark is similar to where u live

09XB12Ss
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
07 is easier to remap. You either do the Powerizer or the remap. Remap is the better option but you need to have someone that knows what he is doing. The Powerizer is just a plug and use. It auto adjusts itself over time. At first it will run rough until it starts adjusting itself. I think you need to run it for about 300 kms for it to be fully adjusted. Since I haven't actually done it I can't give you any feedback.

murdrais
03-23-2009, 07:19 PM
cool thanks, i'll probaly go with the powerize then:D

Stevenc150
03-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Murdrais, they already mentioned it, but it'd be Cheaper and maybe better if you purchase a custom map from Mike @ Xoptiinside.com or Americansportbike.com. You can either send them your ECM or they can actually do it over the net.

Powerizer: around $300
Custom Map: around $150

I'm not pushing anything, just throwing that out there for you in case you didn't know. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. :D[up]

murdrais
03-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks i am at the moment running a e-mail correspondance with Asb

SonderMann
07-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Hello Guys,

Does anybody know if there is any difference between REMUS and SEBRING exhaust (mufflers). Both look the same and I already heard that both (austrian) manufacturers are using the same technology. In addition to that REMUS has caame (separated) from SEBRING.

I am newcomer to the forum (I have been reading it for a couple of months firstly then registered 'cause I really like it) so if you share your experience it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jezuz
02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Bringing this thread back from the dead... I want to buy a black-coated Remus for my US-spec 2008 XB12R.
Anyone know where I can get one in Europe? I can't seem to find them anywhere, for a decent price at least (I used to see them in a few websites for good prices, but not anymore?). Also, will I be able to mount the chin spoiler with this exhaust, or do I need extra brackets?

Because I like the sound and quality, looks, and it also has a db-killer and papers that it obeys EU regulations etc, so that I won't have problems with the law. My stock exhaust is getting rusty, and I want something that sounds better, and performs as good (I am not looking for an increase in performance, just not a decrease).

Finaly, I have a K&N filter and airbox delete. My bike was running very rich just above idle, and after I install those it runs better. What will happen after I install an aftermarket muffler, will it run even better or... ?
If I need to remap, will any dyno place be able to do the job?
Thanks for any info!

onelogue
02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Also, will I be able to mount the chin spoiler with this exhaust, or do I need extra brackets?
I can answer this question :) I'll be using the chin fairing brackets from Jardine.

Jezuz
02-21-2012, 10:39 AM
So that means extra $$. Thanks for the answer!

JOEL9
02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
adrenalin-moto has them, don't know about black though. they have the chin fairing brackets on them, like a stock exhaust.

http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/86.html

you could also check out the torque hammer at twin motorcycles.

Crescent1101
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Damn, I was already bidding on that Mircron before you posted it. I was hoping nobody noticed it.

Jezuz
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Dude, that post is from 23 Mar 2009

Jezuz
04-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Somebody delete that spam account?