PDA

View Full Version : Ulysses XT Questions / Concerns

BurningExample
04-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Just bought and have been loving the bike, and working, riding it around. Had a few probs when I bought it, but got most of them ironed out. last few things.

My Uly sounds like a golf cart, no joke, literally sounds like a golf cart. I had an XB12R in the past that was loud and my lady rides an xb9R that's loud, but this Uly man its so quiet. The exhaust is stock from what I can see. Ive never heard another ULY before so I was wondering if this is normal since its a touring model? My pipe and headers is literally a rusty mess. I know buells all get rusty on the bottom exhuast, but this is seriously bad. was wondering if that affects sound. Im hoping to Change out and get new header pipes, and a louder exhaust. so if anyone is selling a nice set of headers/exhaust i'm interested also looking for mirrors if anyone has any.

rsexauer
04-07-2014, 01:27 AM
I might be interested in trading my Hawk mod muffler if your xt will fit my 07 Uly, mine had the muffler valve that hawk disabled and it now has dual exhaust tips. Send me a pm if interested.

uly luigi
04-07-2014, 01:00 PM
sounds like the exhaust actuator is not functionning, or the cable to the valve on the muffler is broken, most of the XB's have a similar sound with stock exhausts

BurningExample
04-07-2014, 10:09 PM
hmm any suggestions on a fix? just take it all off? i know aftermarket exhausts dont need t

brianbry
04-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Hi just bought buell ulysses xb12xt , being having trouble with cooling fan blowing fuses , fan comes on soon as engine warms up only goes off when i stop in first gear , when riding bike at normal speeds fan is on all the time till fuse blows , after going out on run if fuse has not blown turn engine off should fan still run , Any body out there with any ideas to my problem . brian

user_deleted
04-14-2014, 12:01 PM
when riding bike at normal speeds fan is on all the time till fuse blows
should NOT be running constantly when cruising at what you called "normal" speeds.

brianbry
04-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Hi , Thanks for reply , When riding in town 20 to 30 mph fan comes on after quarter of a mile goes off when i drop down into first gear and when in neutral while waiting at lights does not run , but soon as shift into second gear fan comes back on , and when cruising at low speed stays on and when cruising at 60 to 70 mph stays on until fuse blows , Has any one else come across this problem . .Brian.

Griffmeister
04-18-2014, 04:00 AM
You may have two things going on, one of which could be normal. For one, the fan should not cause the fuse to blow in any event unless there is something wrong with the fan or wiring. Do you have any oil leaks that could be contaminating the fan? You may want to investigate the fan just in case.
The second part I'm not 100 percent sure of but that could be the 2010 fan logic that makes it run more. I do know that the newest ECM flash is supposed to compliment the comfort kit by making the fan run above a certain road speed. This moves hot air from the engine out the back and away from the seat area. It also shuts the fan off at engine shutdown rather than running on like the earlier bikes. I'm still running the older flash so I can't say for sure that yours is normal, but it sounds like that may be what you have. Either that or somebody was able to modify your fan logic using Tunerpro or ECMSpy.