PDA

View Full Version : TPS reset in traffic jam

hoshinoa
04-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Still new with Buell but I love it so far.
what I learned since 2 months using the buell every day to go to work with 100 km daily and maybe 30 km in real traffic Jam, is Do No Touch things that works. Especially Buell.
I had damaged coil plugs cables. Broken wire at the handle bar. Bad TPS reset all in two months.
But when I looked what I've done, most of it because I touched it without care. This bike needs attention and care.
Anyway. My topic is more about TPS reset. I have a 2009 xt 12 model and I have done a TPS reset in a middle of traffic jam because I wanted to improve the TPS response. Bad idea. The bike never behave like this before. No response at all, keep stalling. Very weird. I tried the TPS reset few times, same problem. Only when I manage to get on the highway, stop on the side of the road that it was fixed. I though riding at 3000-3500 rpm was for old bikes. Is anyone have an idea why?
And yes I tested the ohms in the TPS and it's all good.
thanks guys.

mtnmason
04-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Do you have any pics of you with the bike hooked to a laptop in traffic? That would make you kinda famous around here! What was your AFV reading?
How did your plug wires get damaged?

wolfo68
04-08-2014, 04:30 AM
You don't need a computer to do a toss reset on the 08+

DrogeN Omen
04-08-2014, 06:00 AM
a little more info?

hoshinoa
04-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Ah ah very funny.
Modern bike mate. 20 sec tps reset. Turn engine off and open close throttle three times. No computer needed.
I damage the wire by pulling them out when I change the spark plugs.