PDA

View Full Version : big bore - xb9

mothumper610
04-08-2014, 01:10 AM
okay so ive done many mods here and there on my blast and now i thing its time to dig into the motor! ekk. but its a toss up between big bore on the stock motor OR ive seen the XB9 way. obviously im looking to gain some more pep but im no millionaire tycoon so there is a budget haha. im thinking that going with the xb9 is the way to got because i would be able to put that on and later build the top end and so forth. just trying to figure out what a better/reliable platform would be. maybe ive just read too many build and im starting to overload on blasting lol.

buellster85
04-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Im building my blast up and i went with a hammer performance big bore and forged 1050 piston with stage 2 head should be powerful and reliable only cost A couple hundred too might think about shooting Aaron over at hammer performance an email about it ?

jetlee
04-10-2014, 10:08 PM
A 1050 piston would be an XB9 piston, which will not fit a Blast head, even if "Stage 2".

You could dump money into a Blast head and you would max out where an XB9 swap starts
-or-
You could do the XB9 swap now and have all the headroom of the XB head/piston modifications later.

That's from Aaron.

mothumper610
04-11-2014, 08:33 PM
that's the way I was leaning towards more recently. Now I need to fine one haha thanks jetlee

mothumper610
09-10-2014, 02:45 PM
bump

the cold weather is comming soon here and its that time to do some serious shopping for an xb9 swap BUT i cant seem to find parts hardly anywhere. i can find jugs here and there that are in fair to ok condition but cannot find the heads!

dones anyone have some info on finding heads or maybe a jug in good cond.

i need the plug!!!![cool]