PDA

View Full Version : Blast Seating

vfrcauv
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Been reading other threads in this forum about new riders buying the Buell Blast.

Started looking at bikes for my wife that is 5'3" tall. Always liked the looks of Buell motorcycles and after sitting on a Buell Blast yesterday, realized the 27 1/2" seat height should work well for her riding solo. We currently ride two up on my Sport Touring bike with a Sargent seat for 175 mile mountain rides and she is comfortable with a few stops during the ride.

Wanted to get feedback from the group about rider position and seating comfort of a stock Blast for day rides up to 200 miles. Any other advice about buying a used Blast will be appreciated. Both of my bikes have chain drive and I have to check the valve clearance on both of them. Never owned a bike with belt drive and understand the Blast valves do not require checking like many other bikes.

Thanks,
Bill
North Carolina

ezblast
03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Get a Corbin ,Meyers, or Sargent seat and enjoy!
EZ

vfrcauv
03-26-2009, 03:06 PM
EZ,

On both of my bikes installed aftermarket seats and found they work great for all day rides. Will buy the Blast knowing I may need to modify existing seat or purchase an aftermarket seat. My wife likes the look of the Blast too! Bet it is a fun twisty machine!

Thanks for the reply,

Bill

ezblast
03-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I will mention that a new stock seat is easily good for 200 miles or less - it is made differently than the 2004 and older seats - quite comfy. for commuting.
EZ

vfrcauv
03-28-2009, 09:13 PM
EZ,

Some dealership visits over a few days allowed my wife to sit on several bikes ranging from a lowered BMW G650GS, F650GS, Ninja 250 & a Buell Blast to name a few. She really likes the Blast sitting position and can flat foot with a 27 1/2" seat height of the stock seat. Found new Pirelli tires to be reasonably priced for the Blast. I take care of all the maintenance on our bikes, and looks like the Blast should be easy to maintain. Thanks for the tip about the 04 and newer seat comfort. Most of our riding will be in the NC mountains & bet the Blast is a fun mountain bike. After looking at Craigslist, there are several used Blasts for sell within a 100 mile radius. We will start looking for a Blast and let you guys know how it works out!
Thanks,
Bill

statxyz
06-15-2009, 01:45 AM
I have a corbin seat and love it..

Rich

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/269_20090614183117_L.jpg