PDA

View Full Version : Help with Race MAP!

eDuane
05-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Does anybody have an MSQ file for a race map similar to my setup: 2009 XB9SX with open airbox/K&N and a Jardine exhaust? The only thing I could find by searching was one old file someone claimed was a 2007 xb9 race map but when I copied values over and burned the new fuel and timing values it ran like total crap. If anybody has an actual .bin or .xpr file that would be even better! (my hardware type is BEUYD)

Also a some side questions
- Do the race maps have lower timing values than stock?
- Are there other differences between the stock and race maps other than fuel and timing values?

wolfo68
05-15-2014, 09:45 PM
2007 and 2008+ have different style maps. they shouldn't be interchanged

eDuane
05-15-2014, 11:12 PM
I know they're not interchangeable, that's why I'm asking for one. What I did was use fuel and timing values from an 07 race map in an 08+ map because I read in an old thread (I'll post a link later) that you can use 07 values to write a new one for 08+. Clearly I did something wrong through because it didn't run well. What I'm asking is if anyone has successfully done this conversion and if they have could they shed a little bit of knowledge on the subject and possibly send an MSQ of the values they used.

eDuane
05-15-2014, 11:24 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/Flashing-a-Race-Map-to-ALL-Buells-08-too

Yes I know it's outdated

s0dhi
05-23-2014, 06:00 AM
2007 and 2008+ have different style maps. they shouldn't be interchanged

So what's the difference between them? I noticed the load axis has different graduation. I am assuming the values in each cell still use the same unit of measure such that a 20 from the old format one is still a 20 in the newer format, right?

So, if you're manually copying the values from a 2007 race map to 2009 ECM what would the issue be (assuming you interpolate values where needed in the newer map)?