PDA

View Full Version : blast oil light staying on

blaster101
05-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Hey everybody I've got a weird problem with the bike. Couple seasons ago motor took a dump so had it rebuilt with a nhra 515 kit and wasent able to ride much last year with work. Anyway I put it up for the winter around October of last year and just got it out few weeks ago put gas in it and started up no problem after few miles of riding the oil light came on and started making a ticking noise. Pulled over and checked level it looked good. Rode it home and changed oil thinking it.might have been thick from sitting for winter and filled it started up and same problem. I guess what I'm wondering is what could be causeing it cause I really don't have money to put it back in shop.

jetlee
05-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Have you changed your filter?

blaster101
05-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Ya filter was changed with same one shop installed

jetlee
05-21-2014, 09:40 PM
You may need to check your oil pump drive gear then. They're known to be a weak point on a Blast engine.

ReadyXB
05-21-2014, 10:16 PM
It might be the pump gears as jetlee mentioned. It could also be a plugged oil line or gallery, possibly from debris such as gasket material, metal, etc. when the previous engine died. Also could be a bad (or plugged) check valve, which you can verify with the filter removed.

blaster101
05-21-2014, 10:32 PM
How could I check for plugged and when it was rebuilt they went through every thing from crank to rebuild head

jetlee
05-21-2014, 11:58 PM
they went through every thing from crank to rebuild head
I doubt it. They tell you that to make you feel all warm and fuzzy so you pay more. They're not going to thread every oil passage when all they need to do is throw on a new jug/piston/head and charge you 12 hours for a 2 hour job.

blaster101
05-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Alright everybody well I think I found the problem. It looks like oil pump locked up somehow and sheared the gear on the crankshaft. Question now is can I replace just the gear or does the entire crank need replaced .

blaster101
05-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Never mind last post found gear was the oil pump drive gear. Thanks jetlee now to get a new one ordered