PDA

View Full Version : Race kit installed weeks ago, not idling properly now

1SexyBuell
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I have had my race kit installed about 3 weeks ago (jardine,K&N filter, Race ecm), ever since the installation, upon starting in the morning, my bike will idle roughly and dip below 1,000 rpms often shutting off at times. this happens every time the bikes sits for long periods of time. when I ride the bike for about 5 minutes the idling seems to return to normal. Is this normal or is there something that I may be missing or something that needs to be done?

Stevenc150
04-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Have you done a TPS reset (via dealer or ECMSpy) and a "Learn-in" ride (Riding as best you can at a constant 3200 RPM for 15mins.)?

1SexyBuell
04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
yes the dealer did the TPS reset after they installed the race ecm for me, and I tried the learning ride, but it hasnt been a non-stop 15 minutes, more like 3,500 for about 5-7 minutes, I will try that again for about 15 mins again, thanks

Trill
04-03-2009, 03:57 PM
From what I have heard and noticed myself, if you are rompin on it or riding in a certain way that brings your afv below 100% and shut it off, when you start it up it will have a hard time idling on its own. Mine has done it quite a bit but ever since Mike started tuning my ecm it has been great.

Today I started it up first time in 2 weeks and it idles great! Before I talked with Mike xopti :) my bike would need help with the throttle to start quite often and I suspected fouled plugs but that wasn't the case. In the process of checking plugs I noticed that the previous owner had the pro series plugs in too [up]

06 xb12 , race exhuast, K&N, Open airbox, Xoptimized stock ecm.

1SexyBuell
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
lol sorry but I dont know what the afv is... does it have anything to do with the air and fuel? also do you think I will beneifit from gettin the bike dyno tuned?

Stevenc150
04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
AFV is Air/Fuel Value I believe. Dynotuned is best but they won't be able to map you're ECM unless you're taking it to the dealer. Mike at Xoptiinside.com could do it for you. You tell him your mods and he'll get you a custom ECM or reflash yours.

1SexyBuell
04-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Ok thank you very much, I really appreciate the advice guys

Trill
04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Understanding the AFV

The Adaptive Fuel Value is how the Buell automatically compensates for changes to the environment, eg riding up mountains, or swapping the exhaust silencer.