PDA

View Full Version : 03 XB9S belt question...

bottlefed
04-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Just wondering what the deal is with the warranty? Well heres the story. My brother baught a 03 XB9S this spring. I think he got about 200 miles on it and the belt broke. The bike ionly has 5000miles but i was not really suprise because its an 03 and they had problems. But we went to the local dealer to get another belt and they ran the vin number and said that it didnt need the update and sold us a belt. It looked the same as the old one in all dimensions and nothing like my 07 12r but none the less we put it on. Today 400 miles later it broke again? If its covered were just going to get another belt for now but why would it only last a few hundred miles?

Thanks

Aaron

Stevenc150
04-06-2009, 03:18 AM
I'd tell the stealership. They should let you apply the price of the belt they sold you to getting the "upgraded" belt system.

LeFox
04-06-2009, 08:25 AM
belt & pulley needs updating no matter what the dealer tells you.

since it's not a recall, you'll have to pay for it yourself. but since the dealer made a mistake in telling you it didn't need updating, i would demand a nice discount.

BuellPartsGuy
04-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, the most you will be able to get is a credit towards the new set up or maybe a break on it. All that is entirely up to the dealer though.