PDA

View Full Version : Mods, BPG and LeFox

buellxb
04-07-2009, 02:04 AM
I did not intentionally take anyone's mod abilities away. This system seems to be messed up and I will try to resolve this right away. Does anyone want to recommend or nominate any other members for mod status while I'm at it?

steve may
04-07-2009, 02:27 AM
From what I've seen the short time that I've been here, most of you that have reached Brigadier or higher are pretty well liked and respected.How do we go about A vote?Will you be encharge?Its fine with me if you would.

LeFox
04-07-2009, 09:49 AM
J,

is there an option to get some additional power when someone really steps out of line?

personally, i didn't loose my mod status or power...but i could do with a temp-ban (24 or 48h) function for certain folks.
when it is really necessary, i can always contact you to do the real banning.

i would make a difference between mods (moving, closing, deleting, etc) & power mods (temp ban function, ip visibility to forward to admin for ban)

since it's 99.9% good folk here, there's not that much to do to keep everything in order.

FIDOSOL
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
This is true, also, I would nominate myself as an admin, but I tend to disappear for a few months at a time, but if that's cool with you then I wouldn't mind the added pow...responsibility. [cool] I know I act like a bag-0-douche sometimes, but I'm an alright guy, all the voices in my head tell me so.

:D

I couldn't remember how to spell his name so I went and found it. I dunno if he'd be interested but this guy, dave_xb12r, has always been pretty chill and any info I've seen him put out is reliable, plus he strikes me as a somewhat mature individual.

bitter rod
04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I definitely cannot handle the power of the admin position...being a pig like me. Ha!

Actually, FIDO took my words. I vote for FIDO and Davexb12R. BTW, I love this forum. I don't even think that knucklehead needs to be banned. He was just trying to act cool and see if others would jump on my back in that thread. I was happy to see that most everyone supports law enforcement and has a good idea of what we have to put up with every day. Not the first time I have been called a pig...but I bet he wouldn't say it to my face. Thanks buelxb, lefox, fido, davexb12r, evilxb, and everyone else for keeping this forum fun and informational.

FIDOSOL
04-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey man, I don't face the danger as often as you, but every training excercise (and eventually) mission outside the wire is life and death. I haven't been overseas yet, but this year is my year to hear my unit tell it. Anyway, anybody that has to face what we have to face, just to make a buck, could be a complete jackhole and still have some of my respect, but since you're such a nice guy and all, you get more than most.[up]

buellxb
04-09-2009, 03:02 AM
FIDOSOL and davexb12R are on the list for sure. [cool][up]

I think a total of 4 mods and 1 admin is good for now. It might take me a couple weeks to work out the bugs with the mod positions and promote FIDO and dave. I know we have a few others that are more than worthy on this forum and deserve my respect. Thanks to all that contribute!!!

FIDOSOL
04-09-2009, 05:11 AM
It's your party man, we're just here for the free food. Seriously though, you've got one hell of a forum put together here, so of course you'll attract some good people, (and guys like me too).

buellxb
04-09-2009, 05:42 AM
This forum is nothing without the members.

I'm noticing even more little bugs. I need to get my guys on this ASAP. FIDO, do you notice how on this same thread you are a five star and a one star general and a Major???

dave_xb12r
04-09-2009, 07:09 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for kind words!

J, I know you're not looking for new mods because you have enough already, but if you were looking for someone, I would like to recommend Stevenc150. He's proven himself as a very knowledgeable, well mannered contributor to this forum. I think of him as a young Lefox :D

LeFox
04-09-2009, 09:08 AM
buellxb...to keep everything under control, maybe a mod only section would be good to discuss taken action?

BadDad320
04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
"I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate for Moderator; that if nominated by either party, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should decline to serve..... Bad Dad320 with apologies to General William Tecumseh Sherman.

FIDOSOL
04-09-2009, 01:06 PM
lol @ big dad.

BuellXB I posted a topic related to that 'explaining' my own personal little 'rank structure'. Also, someone else posted up a day or two ago on the same thing. I don't mind though, keeps people guessing. Main thing alot of us would love to see coming out is the PM system, I know it's been in the works for a while. Also I'd like to second LeFox's idea for a Mods Section for the moderators to discuss any action being considered for an individual/thread/etc. It's often better if more than one person weighs in on something before action is taken. Something about tempering steel with fire or w/e. :D

Stevenc150
04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
J, I know you're not looking for new mods because you have enough already, but if you were looking for someone, I would like to recommend Stevenc150. He's proven himself as a very knowledgeable, well mannered contributor to this forum. I think of him as a young Lefox
Thank you Dave, I appreciate that but Lefox is much more of an asset than me.

Jeremy, I'd be happy to serve as a Mod or as a User, whichever you want. It makes no difference to me. This forum is too big of an asset not to be a part of, no matter what you decide. But I do appreciate the vote of confidence from Dave. [up]

JOEL9
04-10-2009, 02:28 AM
+1 on stevenc150. he is all over this forum with outstanding info & help as well as greetings for new members, ditto for fido & dave. y'all keep it up[up]

FIDOSOL
04-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I know you're busy BuellXB so just figured I'd give this post a little nudge to see where dave and I are on the list. Also, to keep from posting up on another two tech issue topics.. Is there anything that we your loyal buellxb.com members can do to expedite the arrival of the PM system? Just let us know if there is. BTW, the rank issue with me, seems to be an isolated incident, so as long as it's not causing any other noticable problems then you don't have to worry about getting your tech guys on it for now. It doesn't bother me and I'd rather they were working on something that is valuable to you and everyone else on the site instead of just me.

buellxb
04-25-2009, 03:39 PM
No progress yet with my programmer, but this is really important to me and none of the issues on this site have been forgotten. My guys are just so busy. Wish I had the skills to fix this stuff myself.