PDA

View Full Version : throttle sensitivity to low.

Beastrider
06-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Im having a hard time doing slow speed obstacles due to the snappy nature of my throttle. The buell has quite a long 1st gear and doing very slow maneuvres i have to use the clutch a LOT. mostly freewheeling or being under power but never controlling speed with throttle. Its either on or off. Its as if the throttle either sucks in air from someplace like the throttle shaft or the butterfly is just simply too big and lets in a rush of air at a very small throttle angle. 'Ive ridden quite a few bikes and its quite common and acceptable on sport and superbikes, but i find it frustrating on a dual. Im thinking a smaller butterfly (throttle size) would be beneficial to get very small throttle openings a bit more controllable even if it means a bit less flow at wide open throttle? Trying to increase revs slowly below 1500rpm seems impossible. Any help?

Beastrider
06-30-2014, 08:27 PM
just googled and the new BMW has a 51mm throttle. With great small opening response. Any advice?

go cytocis
06-30-2014, 08:32 PM
I think it's simply one of the short-comings of the XB as an off-road machine. Having said that, feathering the clutch is a pretty common, albeit sometimes annoying, technique required of just about any dual-sport or adventure machine I've ridden.

You might want to try swapping the primary gearing to a lower XB9 set (?)...

nicholas900
06-30-2014, 11:48 PM
G2 Throttle Cam (http://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-throttle-cam-system/)

Beastrider
07-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Nicholas help a bit. G2 throttle cam sounds like a great idea. What is a G2? Im is south africa and buell spares are impossible to find. But ill kook into building a throttle cam. Will help a lot i think. Never thought of it.

Beastrider
07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
im currently modifying my standard pulley to incorporate a cam action. Moving the cable further away from throttle shaft at the start of he pull.Ill post results as soon as i test it.

nicholas900
07-01-2014, 09:36 PM
If you click the link I posted it explained it for the most part. Not sure if they ship to S Africa though.

Here's a link to a YouTube Video (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQ1Iy2J01c) it explains it well.