PDA

View Full Version : SX specs and pricing released

neilrl79
07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/ebr-1190sx-streetfighter-specs-price-released/

$16,995 doesn't seem too bad to me.

Fatty SS
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm impressed they shaved two grand off of it without removing anything but bodywork. Kudos!

heagachongoose
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
They should put out some frost bite white RX's. That white is sexy.

Bah. Same gearing. I'm assuming they have the same wheelbase? Both the RX and SX total length are listed at 80.3in. I didn't see a listing for the wheelbase of the RX on ebr's site. But I think I remember it being the same 55.5 that the SX is listed at.

Loki
07-01-2014, 05:34 PM
goose, its the same bike just with less bodywork. Why would you think the wheelbase would be different? It wasnt different between the R and CR either.

On the gearing side, I havent seen anything listed about that, I think that should be larger rear just like the CR has.

oh9bolt
07-01-2014, 06:08 PM
^This

heagachongoose
07-01-2014, 06:21 PM
goose, its the same bike just with less bodywork. Why would you think the wheelbase would be different? It wasnt different between the R and CR either.

On the gearing side, I havent seen anything listed about that, I think that should be larger rear just like the CR has.

Yes I realize it is identical to the RX. I was expecting the same subtle differences as between the R and Cr. Unless I am mistaken the cr has a slightly shorter wheelbase. And yes as for the gearing I was reading the wrong thing. There is no mention of final drive.

d_adams
07-01-2014, 06:37 PM
The bodywork is MAYBE $1k worth of it. The other part is volume production. 1k 1190 RX models hit one price point, 2k of them drops the price by $1k total just due to volume alone. Take off more for the cheaper body panels (or lack thereof) and you get it priced better. I can see the RX price dropping as well later on.

As far as the gearing thing goes, trust me when I tell you, it will be plenty fast enough without dropping a tooth up front or adding 4 in the back. Add the upright seating and taller/wider bars, it will wheelie like a damn fool riding it. I'm worried enough about looping my RX, the SX would be even worse, especially if you're even somewhat ham fisted with the throttle.

joebuell06
07-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm sure they will release some varying models that may be road or city-oriented, like the XB's, but it's only a matter of time.

DrogeN Omen
07-01-2014, 07:50 PM
direct conversion $16,995.00 USD = $19,365.06 NZD

but i'm told by the time it reaches New Zealand it will be in the late $20's.

will be round $28,000 mark after shipping, tax, compliance and registration costs.

in this regard it sucks to be so far away in New Zealand but a bonus is our roads are made for Buell's :D

mrlogix
07-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Add the upright seating and taller/wider bars, it will wheelie like a damn fool riding it. I'm worried enough about looping my RX, the SX would be even worse,

:D:D:D:D

Loki
07-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Yeah, She will be the first new bike I buy. She out shines the 1290 super duke.

mrlogix
07-02-2014, 02:16 AM
^^ [up]

okey
07-02-2014, 10:36 AM
RX here in Australia is $27995 ride away . I gather by this the SX will be around $25000. I would love to have the USA price because I would be on it faster than a fly on **** . I just bought a new bike last year so might just wait but from what the importer told me here the RX is yet to have an issue . Could be sales talk but I love it and want one .:D

d_adams
07-02-2014, 11:13 AM
They do have some small things, mostly cracks in the bodywork, etc. Early on there were a few electrical things (o2 sensor for me) that were reported. Worst one for me so far was the rear shock rubbing the sub-frame, saw the same thing on 2 other bikes as well. All of it is supposed to get replaced under warranty, so I'm still happy. It's still scary fast. I've heard there's an update for the ecm, I personally would like to see some changes on the display since it's just a lcd/tft display and easy enough to do.

Cosworth
07-02-2014, 04:04 PM
The specs are on EBR's website now, there was no gearing change at all.

mrlogix
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
:)

djs2k2
07-02-2014, 05:12 PM
IWent to the Savannah dealer listed on the ebr website and was asking about the bike and if I could order a key, well I kid you not, not a single one of them knew they were an ebr dealer! They had to go ask the owner of the store what an ebr was and if they had one. I told the guy you would know if you had one! They won't receive or be set up for parts for another 30 days the owner says but with no one in the store in sales or parts even knowing what it is I'd say it's going to be more than 30 days.

Cosworth
07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Jeez, thats faith inspiring... I really hope the EBR line continues im not in love with the SX but I really like the RX and want one some day but till then my 1125 will be just fine.

mrlogix
07-02-2014, 06:20 PM
^^:D

DrogeN Omen
07-03-2014, 12:58 AM
IWent to the Savannah dealer listed on the ebr website and was asking about the bike and if I could order a key, well I kid you not, not a single one of them knew they were an ebr dealer! They had to go ask the owner of the store what an ebr was and if they had one. I told the guy you would know if you had one! They won't receive or be set up for parts for another 30 days the owner says but with no one in the store in sales or parts even knowing what it is I'd say it's going to be more than 30 days.

a dealer that has not done their home work should not be a dealer at all.

how can they not know???

EBR had a podium finish at the last AMA race.

streetfighterx
07-15-2014, 04:38 AM
Having a bad dealer network is not a good sign.

Here's to EBR making a name for themselves [up]

mrlogix
07-15-2014, 04:55 AM
Here's to EBR making a name for themselves

I'd like to see them at Isle of Mann again next year :D