PDA

View Full Version : EBR ECM

Alex12R
07-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi Guys,
i'm getting my Rt-1 this week and i can't wait.. i was thinking to change my oem ecm for a ebr ecm preprogrammed.

Just have a few questions about it??

What exactly that Ecm does,how many HP/torque? Should i buy the programable software? should i stay whit the oem air box or i need to do the mod for it? i guess to buy a RSS will help too?

Thanks

Cosworth
07-01-2014, 05:56 PM
RSS scoop helps keep cylinder head temps down and limits the ammount the fan has to run.

Its a good idea if not absolutely mandatory to either tune your current computer or purchase a EBR pre-programmed ecm for your exhaust. It has a dyno-tuned fuel map and timing for the particular exhaust you purchase it for.

I have the open airbox mod on my bike and buell race can, race ecm on my XB. So the EBR ecm will be fine with the rt exhaust and airbox mod if you decide to do it.

Alex12R
07-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Do you how much power you gained with all that? what is your top-speed whit it ( i,m not planing to buy it to be fast on the free way, just to gain more power in overall) ?

Cosworth
07-01-2014, 06:07 PM
I honestly couldnt tell you on my XB. The horsepower the bike makes isnt going to make a difference on these bikes you'll run out of gear first

Without a tuned or pre-programed ecm for your exhaust your bike will run lean, will pop and eventually can do damage to the engine from the lean condition.

GregoXB
07-02-2014, 12:09 AM
I had my XB12 with Jardine and EBR ECM dyno'd a while back. The dyno only gave HP figures no torque. On that particular dyno it was 92WHP, but more importantly, the power delivery curve was extremely linear and it had no dips or drops. Just a consistent straight line that climbed up all the way to redline.

I'm just going to give you some advice too. Before you install the Jardine, go ahead and pack it with this http://americansportbike.com/newdir/Item/9080-Packing

The OEM packing will blow out in 2-3K miles or less. The upgrade packing will last you a minimum of 5K miles, perhaps even 10k or more. It will sound and perform better for longer, so you don't have to maintenance it frequently.

Alex12R
07-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Right on thanks for the tips about the exhaust. So for sure the Ecm is a most to have

Alex12R
07-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Hey. So Ebr just reply me. I asked them the same question. .what the race ecm does n do I also need a programmable software. ..

They are saying the race ecm is already set with the the exhaust (so I guess each option of exhaust u can chose from their website they have their own race ecm) .. change the timing, change the iTP reading, change the timing for the injection. ..The result is the bike drive better.

The Programmable software is a good thing to have if you do Internals Mods.

Otherwise don't really need it

Ps any suggestions for handle ggrp..mine are done?

go cytocis
07-02-2014, 03:08 PM
I can assure you that I experienced smoother running, better throttle response, & noticeable extra pull right across the rev-range when I installed a Drummer-tuned EBR ECM. It's among the best upgrades I've made to any bike I've ever owned...

moto587
07-15-2014, 01:58 PM
I just ordered my EBR Jardine-programmed ECM yesterday... I hope it lives up to the hype that everyone portrays! GregoXB, I just received my Jardine packing from American Sportbike as well. It's pretty salty, but I've heard great things. Should have it installed by the weekend.

GregoXB
07-15-2014, 02:20 PM
O forgot to tell you, those straps it comes with are too short, unless Al upgraded them. I bought a 3 dollar box of longer ones. Otherwise its a PITA to get them around the core.