PDA

View Full Version : Need help on ECMspy!!!!!!!

GibbyGutiar
04-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Here is the deal I got my Jardine K&N Airbox mod and ECMspy cable in over the weekend. Pumped about all the fun Im going to have! I installed all parts without any hickups at all. After riding the bike for maybe 10 miles I pulled it in ready to dig into ECMspy. Went to save my stock settings with bike running it saved EEprom then the thing shut down like someone turned the key off! Fan ran for about a half a sec then died! Now it wont restart. Ran diag on it shows no prob at all. Is there somthing I did or dident do?

GatorBuell
04-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Did you try reloading your eprom? Contact Mike at Xopti.com (http://xoptiinside.com/)He should know whats up.

GibbyGutiar
04-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Its like its not gettin any fuel. I never touched anything in the mapping at all. I started with the save then went to TPS reset then nothing!

matter
04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Try resetting your TPS again, all burning is best done with the bike not running. Get connected and while watching the TPS screen, back off the idle adjustment screw until the number quits going lower, that will insure that the throttle blade is completly closed. Then click the TPS reset button. After that you may need to re-establish the connection, then turn the idle screw in until it reaches around 5%. That should make the bike run and idle. It doesen't really matter what the TPS % number ends up being after the bike is running and you set your idle speed, what you are trying to accomplish with a reset is to give the TPS a correct reference of 0 with the throttle completly closed. Hope that helps.

Matt

GatorBuell
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Make sure the temp is up to 160C and your cold start enrichment is at 100 before you set your final idle.

Tork
04-09-2009, 12:04 AM
+1 on Matter's simple explanation. I would also add snapping the throttle open and closed a couple of times after the TPS reading stops lowering, just to make sure the throttle isn't hanging a wee bit.

GibbyGutiar
04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry it takes so long for me to get back my CPU is being a pain in the ass! I am at a complete loss guys! I changed the plugs and set the correct gap,the TPS reset is there it is set at 0 then set to 5.6. The bike is getting no fuel from the ECM. I have spark to the plugs the fuel pump runs the injectors tick as it tests everything from the diag. I know I have no fuel cuz it will start on starting fluid. I dont have a clue why its doing what what its doing. When I fetch the EEPROM it is the same as what I saved number for number the exact samething! Im at a loss big time!

Stevenc150
04-13-2009, 02:36 AM
You probably already did it, but be sure and check your fuses.

If it was me in the same situation, unless I had a break-through soon, I'd contact Mike at Xoptiinside.com. He's proven himself to be an Expert as well as, I believe helping design the ECMSpy software.