PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?

killerBUELL
07-19-2014, 03:34 AM
Went on a long trip almost 7400 kms one summer, came back and found the clutch acting up and what looked like mayonaisse in the transmission. That cost me dearly and 12 weeks of no riding. Just got back from a 2400 km trip and the same thing almost mayonaisse in the transmission. What is causing this? Can anyone help?

mrlogix
07-19-2014, 03:36 AM
your getting water in the trans. That would be an awful lot of condensation to turn it to mayo. Been riding in the rain a lot?

fishxb12
07-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Check ur clutch cable down by the header. Will melt a hole in it and allow water to run down into ur primary.

killerBUELL
07-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Yes the big trip had rain for 3hrs( heavy soaker rain) and the shorter trip was rain 4 1/2 days out of 5. Thanks I will check the cable, it got replaced after the long ride maybe it melted again. Never thought of that.

user_deleted
07-25-2014, 02:05 PM
it is O-ringed where it engages the primary cover. it is also prone to allowing moisture in and around the accordian boot which covers adjustment barrel assembly. zip tie that boot both top and bottom and check the derby and inspection cover gaskets as well. water and oil whipped into a frothy lather by the primary assembly = mayonnaise.

axegrinder
09-11-2014, 06:47 PM
I've had gas leak into my tranny on a few other machines. Smell oil when you change it. It should not have any gasoline odor in it.