PDA

View Full Version : 01 blast, running fine, after a few miles stops and wont start back up

buellblaster01
07-24-2014, 08:37 PM
As the title states, ill ride about 4-5 miles, then ill pull in the clutch to either shift or to turn a corner and all of a sudden itll stop and theres a quiet spuddering sound. This problem was gone for a while when I got a new regulator. I tested it today and when I rev it, it jumps to 14v or so. Also ill go back to my bike after about 1-3 hours and itll crank and start back up like nothing happened. Whats the problem? Kinda tired of dumping money into this thing.

buellblaster01
07-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Also today me and my girl went for a ride and it just randomly died in a parking lot at a restaurant. We had people try to jump it (postive on pos, neg on frame) and nothing happened. Got home fron a ride, charged battery, and it started back up when I charged the battery.

buellblaster01
07-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Side note- tank is FULL with 93 octane. I live in Florida where its beyond humid if that helps solve anything

Cosworth
07-25-2014, 03:59 AM
So only dies after its warmed up?
It sounds like a coil issue to me, there's a really good video on YouTube by jetlee on how to do it.

If I run across it I'll post a link

Cosworth
07-25-2014, 04:01 AM
Try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OANfjyXJaDU