PDA

View Full Version : Question for BuellXB.

2Evil4U
05-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Looking at the XB wheels you have in the shop, what is it about them that won't fit my Ulysses? Is it just because they are lighter weight than stock Ulysses Rims or is it a dimensional issue?

I'm looking at getting a couple different sets of tires and need an extra set of wheels. I'd put my BT021's on the lightweight set and I'm looking at a pair of the Avon SuperMotard ProXtreme Am37 & 38s for heavier off roading.

BuellPartsGuy
05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
They say the standard Buell XB wheels wont fit due to the fact that the Ulysses wheels are rated for a heavy load/abuse. As far as for the dimensions, on paper they work, but I have never physically seen a set on a bike. The bearings and all that jazz are the same as a Lightning Long.

buellxb
05-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah, what BPG said. What kind of terrain are you riding on? Street? Gravel? Offroad?

2Evil4U
05-31-2007, 12:34 AM
So far it's mainly street twisties to get my skills up. I've found a group of true Dual Sporters in Baton Rouge who tend to like to get moderately to seriously off road, so I want to have the option to put a set of knobbies on the beast and see how deep I can get it stuck. The Avon tires look great and they are the first 180/120 tires with an agressive tread I've found but I don't want to have to run them if I'm just buzzing back and forth to work.

Buellysses
07-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Off-topic question... sorry, couldn't find a better place to ask.

I have a line on some 2008 12Xt parts (pretty much everything cosmetic I need to put my bike back together) from a guy that changed his out to look like the 12R. From the research i've done they don't seem to be significantly different bikes, they just added all the "toys" from the factory.

Anybody have any input?