PDA

View Full Version : Preferred wheel Bearings?

MnBueller
08-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Hey again gang. Gonna invest in new bearings front and rear so I have them here for the extended service interval we in these parts call winter. Are the stock replacements the best way to go? Or are there aftermarket options that are truly better? I've seen replacements from Drag Specialties and All Balls. I'm sure there are others.
I really don't want to swap these out every 10,000 miles if I can get away with it.

rchuff
08-02-2014, 09:55 AM
I went with the All Balls seem to be pretty good and price was well worth it. The SKF's around me where very pricey.

Matteson
08-02-2014, 03:18 PM
all balls here too. in stock at the local race shop

fishxb12
08-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Just put All Balls in mine over the winter. Seems a lot buellers run All Balls.

keithg78
08-02-2014, 11:06 PM
A lot of people use All Balls but I prefer to use a higher quality bearing. All Balls are made in China by KLM Bearing Corp and/or RB Bearing corp. (they source from both companies) and then the All Balls company re-brands them with the All Balls name. I prefer to use a bearing manufactured in Japan or the USA. SKF was the preferred brand but they are getting harder to find. I just replaced my wheel bearing and idler pulley bearings a few thousand miles ago with Nachi Quest bearings (made in Japan) and I was very happy with the quality of them. The price was not much more than what the All Balls cost.

I stopped buying car and motorcycle parts manufactured in China after having several different brand new parts have defects or not last very long. It seems that most of the parts manufactured in China, especially when it comes to plating/coatings and metal durability is absolute crap. I now try to buy either OEM factory parts or parts that are made in the USA, Japan, or from the same country that manufactured the car or motorcycle I am replacing the part for.

MnBueller
08-03-2014, 01:38 AM
All right...getting some solid info here. I'm not afraid to pay a bit more for something if it saves me the work down the road, so I might look into your suggestions keithg78. Any suggestions where to source these?

keithg78
08-03-2014, 01:51 AM
I bought my wheel bearings from a company called USA Bearings and Belts. They have great prices and are nice people to deal with. If you don't see it on their website call them because they can probably get it for you. So far I've placed three separate orders with them and they have been great every time.

MnBueller
08-03-2014, 02:01 AM
Thanks again Keith, I'll look them up.

Shawns
08-03-2014, 02:12 AM
I used All Balls. No problems. Everything is from China these days...except the Chinese, I think they are from Taiwan :D

Matteson
08-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Ya, my wife works for an enzyme corporation doing marketing communications and has informed me that nearly all their products originate from China; therefore making it impossible to get an organic stamp or claim any "real" benefits. Yet these are considered health food supplements. Mostly unregulated. Go globalism. LOL