PDA

View Full Version : Turbo XB12 Garrett GT25 ECU Help

SoreandSorry
04-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Hi all, been ages but a new project is moving along quite fast. Unfortunately after an accident last year it was time for a fresh build and the result is a stock XB12 firebolt with a garrett gt25 turbo hanging off the side. It has race ecu and D&D exhaust which will all be plumbed together to maintain a good all round 'package'. (Obviously the air intake has been deleted)

Im aiming for the 110-120hp mark running 5 psi while using the stock internals and this wont be changing until I have a built motor ready to drop in.

The mockup looks good and being a welder, having the manifolds and brackets made is just a matter of getting some weekends off work ;) No dramas. My problem lies with the fuel management.

Does anyone have any information other than what can be googled or know anyone that has dipped their toes into this pool? The electrical, cable hook up, dyno and laptop are all available, I simply have not modified an ecu to date and im a little worried I wont get it right.

I purchased a Techlusion unit for initial start up however I dont want to rely on what is essentially just a piggy back unit.

LeFox
04-13-2009, 07:58 AM
dump the techlusion and get ecmspy.

talk to some people that use it, they will be more than happy to work with you on this.

SoreandSorry
04-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah ive been doing bulk reading and ecm spy certainly looks like a powerful tool. I was tempted enough to download the software and have a look at it but much of it is in german.... Seeing as im no expert ive been concerned that the lack of maf sensor in the systems DDFI that it will rule out the stock ecm being able to cope with positive pressures.

Im hoping someone just jumps in and says "nah... just do this........" :) Theres very little margin for error with the stock compression ratio.

Stevenc150
04-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I was tempted enough to download the software and have a look at it but much of it is in german....
When I first opened it up, my ECMSpy was in German too. But you can click the headers at the top of the program and work your way to find "Language Selection" and put it in English. Post up if you can't find it. Also the downloadable manual is available in several languages including English.

And if your on a short timetable, Xoptiinside.com offers services to custom re-map '08+ ECM's to suit your mods.

SoreandSorry
04-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Sweet that worked, ill buy the cable and poke around with it on the stock ecu and see what I can learn from that. Thanks mate

LeFox
04-14-2009, 08:15 AM
just back it up first so you can always restore the default settings ;)