PDA

View Full Version : Demon headlight conversion, need help.

BLine12r
04-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Ok, i bought this thing and the brackets wont fit so i need bigger forktube mounts covered. But all the wires i have left from the stock front fairing have left me in a bind. Where do i stick all those wires. Can i hide them, should build a box. Anyone with an idea or experince let me know. Plz i crashed and its summertime, i wanna get back on it.

BLine12r
04-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Its a xb12r so you know.

xtremelow
04-15-2009, 01:19 AM
Two options, I was in a way doing the same as you but decided differently.

One(ideal to retain cluster)buy a lightning wiring harness and move the relays, fuse box and all other stuff under the seat behind the battery. All you need to extend is the tail light wires which would be simple.

Two(what I did), modify your stock harness by extending the ignition and hand control wires then fit the relay and what not under the seat.

*problem*, I didn't extend the gauge cluster wires since there are so many, so I had no cluster. Also it is pretty in depth removing the harness. Otherwise you are left with a bunch of stuff up front like you have now. So after I rewired my harness I ended up not liking how it looked so I rewired it back to stock and settled for cutting down the stock fairing.

Hope this helps.
Brandon

tf1175
04-15-2009, 03:41 AM
post up some pictures of what your dealing with! the bike and the lights and brackets please!

xtremelow
04-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Oh also the front fork sizes went from 41mm to 43 mm I believe in 2006 so depending if your brackets are to big or to small and the year of your bike may tell youn that issue.

You can search the web for fork tube clamps to get the right size. I believe they are about $45 a set depending on the quality.

FIDOSOL
04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Where can I get the demon headlight conversion kit? How much does it cost?

xtremelow
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Acerbis Mamba Headlight.

I have seen them on eBay for $70 but they retail for somewhere around $120, some like in this post will have the wrong or no clamps so those will be extra most likely ($45).

tseldon
10-01-2009, 05:01 PM
thought you guys might be interested in this. i bought some today and am curious to as how they turn out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180411420535&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching