PDA

View Full Version : race ecm problems

Das Bolt
05-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi,just found this site,nice place.I have a question I hope someone can help with,or at least point me in the right direction.I've got an 03 xb9 Jardine slip on,K+N filter with the factory race ecm.Otherwise the bike is stock.I had the tps reset at the dealer like the instructions said.With the exaust and filter the bike ran smooth and well,after I installed the ecm and had the tps reset it idled a little rough not bad,just a little more edgy.The throttle response was alot crisper,so fair trade I guess.Now here's the problem,after about 500 mi.after the reset the bike is running progressivly worse.The idle climbs to 2000rpms or feels like it wants to stall(all after it has run long enough to warm up).When I open it up it feels like it's skipping or missfireing,same when I let off.I heard that resetting the tps again might cure it,but if thats the case will it just come back again? Or should I just swap back to the stock ecm and get a power commander?Well that's it,sorry to be so long thanks.

BuellPartsGuy
06-01-2007, 02:30 AM
Have the shop you go to re-flash the ECM and reset the TPS. Should take care of all your problems. Sometimes if they dont re-flash the ECM after you put it in, it causes problems like that.

Das Bolt
06-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Sounds like an easy fix,thanks.

meltondwj
05-06-2012, 05:17 PM
did this work i am having the same problem

Das Bolt
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
No that was a while back, but it turned out to be a problem with the throttle body. I can't remember exactly what but it wasn't to hard to fix. I should have posted a follow up at the time. Sorry I can't be more helpful