PDA

View Full Version : Buell Factory Saddle Bags

abiohazard
04-15-2009, 06:18 PM
[confused] I bought the buell factory saddle bags for my XB12Scg (2008) and it seems like the don't quite fit. Anyone else own/have these things? If so, is there a secret to the installation? It seems like they just don't fit right. They are the bags for the Scg...and came with reflector relocation brackets.

Thanks!

Spence[cool]

Krayy
05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm using the factory bags on my STT and they fit very well. Trick is to make sure that the strap lengths are set correctly so that they lie in the grooves that are under the seat. I also have a pack rack for daily use and extra touring luggage space.

As to the reflectors, I didn't use the extenders. I just ground off the dog that stops them rotating, then swapped the left for the right and mounted them backwards so the reflector now points to the rear. That way they won't get in the way if the bags are not on.

NB: If putting them on an STT, get a spare set of side covers as the bags will rub and damage the panels. I keep 1 set for touring (with 100mph tape on them) and 1 for daily use (clean).