PDA

View Full Version : The tach. flutter

Matteson
09-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Just doing some pm on her while waiting on wheels. I have noticed two things
1. The tach flutters
2. When I hit a bump the headlights flutter too.
So I took off the front lights to see if I could rubber shim the ic. It's already been done. Anything else to do that can help with the flutter of thr tach needle?
I popped the clear lense off the right headlight and kinda shook around in there and noticed a pile of white dust where a tab had ground itelf down. So the reflective part that snaps in needed a little shim. So I cut a rubber o ring down to length then in half for width and stuffed it in the gap with a small screwdriver.
But ya, any ideas on the tach flutter? And don't tell me to keep it above 5k. Lol. I normally do.

Sirius815
09-14-2014, 05:14 PM
If the tach and the headlights flutter I highly suggest you look at the ground points around the front fairing.

Matteson
09-14-2014, 07:55 PM
No. Its not a grounding issue. You ever seen another bike riding at night and they hit a bump and they head lights flutter? Not an on off thing. These are purely vibrations and have worn some of the mounting hardware inside my headlight housing. I believe I fixed that issue. Just wondering if anyone has fixed the IC tach flutter.

Sirius815
09-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Ah. Yeah IDK :D Sorry...

mrlogix
09-16-2014, 11:35 AM
tach flutter? All this time I thought it was my head fluttering in the wind. lol:D

Matteson
09-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Yours does it too. I need to find the cure.