PDA

View Full Version : Blast carb

Blasting
09-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Can a CV carb off a sportster be retrofitted to work on a blast? Be nice to have a accelerator pump.

jetlee
09-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Yes, but a Blast doesn't need an accelerator pump. Shim the needle .05" and you're done.

Blasting
09-22-2014, 02:19 AM
It's worth giving it a shot, Thanks

jetlee
09-22-2014, 02:22 PM
No, it's not. You're having issues, don't add modifications until your issues are sorted out. Many, many Blasts are running just fine without an accelerator pump. Quite a few are very heavily modified...and not using a pump.

The accelerator pump will over-richen your single cylinder.

If you start modifying before fixing what issues you have, I will quit posting as it will be a waste of my time.

Blasting
09-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Hey jetlee, I understand your point about modifying before fixing, the Blast is pretty simple, and it has a carburation problem. I figured that since the cv carb on the blast is being a piece of crap I could install a carb off a sportster, jet it down, and possibly solve the problem that the bike is having as stated in my other post. What would you recommend on the running issue {read my other post}. Not looking to get people cranky, just looking for answers, have had a bunch of big bore singles {white bros, baker} and built a bunch of big twin Harleys but this one got me stumped.