PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Phazernut
06-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi All

I just joined the forum today. I am in the market now to purchase my first Buell. I'm looking at the XB12S or Ss. I am 5'10' 220lbs. I have been riding all my life but have up till now only driven Japanese bikes. Considering where I am, Newfoundland, there are only 2 or 3 other Buell riders in the area and I have yet to get in touch with them. I was at the local HD dealer today and currently they are not an official dealer but are able to get the bike if I want it and service it. I think they will be getting the dealership later this year. I was wondering about the performance and reliability of the bikes. I have not seen a lot of posts here with guys with high mileage bikes. Are there any reliabilty issues? I usually ride about 7000miles per year. I was planning to get the Yamaha FZ1 until I came across the Buell site and fell in love with the XB12. I hope to get to Halifax or Moncton in the next few weeks to test out the bike or at least get to sit on one. Top speed does nothing for me, low end torque is what I like. And I don't like cruisers. The Buell seems just the answer.

Thanks

Craig

mrdozer2you
06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Awesome bikes and soooooo much fun to ride. If you are used to riding jap bikes you are in for a real treat. My only complaint or maybe I just need to get used to it is making left and right turns. I mean turning from a stop, like at a traffic light. It seems like I have to ride the clutch to keep it from bogging down or getting jumpy. That could be just the nature of the big V-Twin though. :D