PDA

View Full Version : F on the odometer?

Dutch74
09-26-2014, 01:24 AM
Hi folks,
I am brand new to the forum and have a 2007 XB12R. It's been a blast to ride and I'm really enjoying it.

I've noticed that the low fuel light never comes on, which is fine I'll just reset the odometer. When I go to reset it, there is an odometer reading with a "F" that is always at zero. I thought that maybe this is supposed to automatically reset when the fuel cap is removed or something, but I'm not sure.

Does anybody know what this is for? And also, what is the max range between fill-ups? I've been doing 130 miles or so.

UMDterp13
09-26-2014, 01:39 AM
F is supposed to automatically come on when the fuel light comes on so you can see how far you have gone with the light on. It resets everytime the fuel light comes on after fill ups

Sirius815
09-26-2014, 01:39 AM
It's for when the low fuel light does come on, it tells you how long you've ridden with the low fuel light on...since it never came on, the Fuel odometer never started ticking. It automatically resets after a white of the light being off. Max range on mine is between 130 short city rides and 160-170ish highway.

Welcome!