PDA

View Full Version : BIKE SPEAKER?

Sayjackb
04-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Anyone have any speakers on their bike so they can listen to some tunes as you ride? or am i pretty much the only none hog rider that thinks this is a cool idea? If you do have them, what is your setup? hows it look / sound?

dave_xb12r
04-18-2009, 05:19 PM
I have a Cardo Scala rider Q2. It does Bluetooth with my phone, communication with other Q2s, FM radio, and has a plug for your mp3 player. I love it!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/0000_Cardo_Systems_Inc._Scala_Rider_Q2_--.jpg

There are 2 versions, make sure you get the new one that has the MP3 plug. The Multiset comes with the new version.

GatorBuell
04-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey Dave how is the volume with it. I where ear plugs and was worried about not being loud enough. I was also looking into the chatterbox XB.

Skyjackb I thought about flush mounting some small speakers in my air box cover pointing up. If I would have stayed with the stock exhaust i might have done it but with the jardine I dont think I would be able to hear it.

I like my tunes and really need to find a way to put some on my bike.

NOMORE4s4ME
04-19-2009, 12:54 AM
ipod w tiny sony ear buds, works perfect.

dave_xb12r
04-19-2009, 01:10 AM
The volume is ok. I just updated my speakers to the the ones currently shipping with the mp3 connectivity, and they are larger and louder. Plenty loud with my ipod plugged in. I do have a Noj on my helmet to keep wind noise to a minimum

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1832_20081107141442_L.jpg

p.s. I've head REALLY BAD things about the chatterbox. 95% of them are returned.

Sayjackb
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
With the Scala Rider 2 do you have to buy a separate bluetooth dongle to transmit your mp3 to the unit? It doesn't just connect directly does it?

dave_xb12r
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
It is a wired connection to the Cardo base on the helmet. I used it for 2 1/2 hours in the rain a few weeks ago.

rider1086
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't know if this Thread would include this but i'm currently trying to come up with some speakers mounted on the bike with a power booster and a spot to mount an ipod. I have a firebolt and the thought is to mount the speakers from the mirror bolts, the power booster on the side where the fuses are located, and for the ipod somewhere on the handle bars. Hopefully the idea will work like I plan but its going to take some time to make brackets and try to keep this all clean.:)

Odin
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Everyone I know -including myself-who has tried a chatterbox has taken it back. just isn't great IMO.
since then I never wanted to try anything else for fear Itd be a waste of time/money based on past experience.
I'd love to KNOW something that will work as well as I'd like

dave_xb12r
04-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Odin, like mentioned before, the Cardos are great. I have several friends that have them, they all love them too. The member on here named Kajer has one, ask him.

Sayjackb
05-02-2009, 04:58 PM
1086 do a google for "Motorcycle Speakers" (or the like) and see what comes up...

Click Here (http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/shop/stereo-speakers-amplifiers-26-ctg.htm)

I thought some 3"-4" speakers mounted at the top of the forks, right at the base of the gauge cluster (or as high as possible)angled back toward the rider would be pretty cool. I don't think they would look too out of place, especially if you got just a mate black, and they shouldn't interfere with the travel of the bars to full lock either. Also, someone had an idea of mounting them in the air box (INGENIOUS) if i was any craftsman at all i would give it a go. That would be SICK!!!

as for the cardo, my buddy's buddy's older sister has a boyfriend who, when he was in Florida, worked with a lady who's cousin was a welder... who said when he was doing some work on the empire state building years ago, he knew worked with the superintendent whose son's best friend's girlfriend's dad's oldest brother's fiance's daughter (from another marriage) tried cardo and loved it.... HA HA HA.... sorry just had to waste everyones time a bit.

But from what i hear, My Buddy's Buddy has a cardo and a bluetooth transmitter for his Ipod and it workes Smashingly....

I think i might try it.

As for Chatterbox, i've heard nothing good.

kiwixb
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
check out the nolan n-com range of helmets, you have to buy a whole new helmet, but it's a neat system with no hassles. I can still hear my bike and other traffic around me with an ipod at full, just plug in and go

djmiller574
09-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I use etymotic research headphones, -35db earplugs that are headphones also. low volume needed from ipod, protect your ears

anrkizm95
09-04-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6369_20110904115929_L.jpg

speaker link (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Lightning-XB12S-XB12Ss-CityX-XB12Scg/Put-Speakers-on-my-XB12Scg)

JRage
09-05-2011, 12:42 AM
i use my ipod with head phones right now and would love to have some speakers mounted in my helmet but i hate the look of something mounted outside of it. is there any speakers that are completely hidden?

djmiller574
09-05-2011, 09:07 AM
alot of helmets have pockets for speakers inside. I've tried speakers in the helmet, but to much wind noise..... use my etymotic research headphones instead, I'm able to use low volume and still hear my ipod

strawberrys
09-05-2011, 09:57 AM
cheap,
Frys- 12v computer speaker set aux port and volume nob, break it down.
Walmart- car tweats, break it down remove resistor (this changes the amps needed from like 8 and makes it 40 or so min) thus now the lower amp in the computer speaker amp can power it. if this is not removed no real volume will come out of the speaker.
I put my amp undet the wind screen cover.
Gl figure the rest out :-P
at 80+ little hard to hear over the wind and pipe, this is why I went with my scarider 4'gps,phone,radio,bike to bike all in one at 80+ with ear plugs works fine.

scala $300 or so 12v $38 for this that know what you are doing I can lead you to a 100 amp board that you can swap out for the computer 10-30 amp board in speaker
straw

netty2424
09-05-2011, 11:08 AM
scarider 4'gps,phone,radio,bike to bike all in one at 80+ with ear plugs works fine.

Don't mean to thread jack, but I'm about to by a scala g4, but not having headphones concerns me. Strawberrys, can you hear ok with ear plugs in?

Richard

strawberrys
09-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Netty,
It all depends on how far you push those ear plugs in.
Once I had them in like I would at the range, I could hear the music just fine, wife called at 75mph no problem, but when the highway patrol was yelling at me over his PA I had no idea what he was saying over the music, pipe an ear plugs.
I have found the sweet spot now and have no probs, see it was just cuting down the wind is what I was looking for, the volume of everthing was fine.
So yes!

Bad Liver
04-29-2015, 07:33 PM
need music while you ride? GET DIFFERENT PIPES! :D

djs2k2
04-29-2015, 07:39 PM
My music is also D&D! Way to loud for music, so I use the twisty thing on the right handle bar for volume control! But it's been parked in storage since December due to my current job situation!!:p

camcam1144
04-30-2015, 05:25 AM
why would you want speakers when you could just listen to the roar of your bike??

oh and if you dont hear a roar and people dont double take when they see your bike.... your not doing it right.... hahahahaa jk![cool]