PDA

View Full Version : how long

mrlogix
10-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Okay, I want to upgrade my 1125R to the 1190 Big Bore kit by EBR. Looking at the entire project (cams, reprogrammed ECM, fuel system upgrades, etc.) it seems that it would be a lot easier to just find a wrecked 1190RX and use as a donor for the engine/chain drive. I know that it's a new release and it could be a while before any show up at salvage auctions. Just trying to figure out which way to go. Anybody have any experience at buying bikes at salvage auctions?

heagachongoose
10-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Find a local dealer/salvage yard to work with. Most salvage auctions do not let anybody bid unless they have a dealer's license or pay a hefty fee. I have a friend that runs a salvage yard here in town I work with often. He'll call me when he finds something he thinks I'd be interested in, we negotiate a max purchase price and he will bid on it for me.

I don't see ebr's popping up In salvage yards for quite awhile. Maybe the odd bike or two, but not many. If I had to guess I'd say roughly %30 of ebr sales so far are just garage pieces. As they get more affordable they will be more common.

mrlogix
10-08-2014, 10:09 PM
yeah, that's kind of what I figured.

WIGGLE2
10-09-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm playing Captain Obvious here, but you researched all the mounting points and any other incidentals that could make your swap a major PIA I presume?

Jezuz
10-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Or trade your 1125 in for a 1190 [smirk]

mrlogix
10-10-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm playing Captain Obvious here, but you researched all the mounting points and any other incidentals that could make your swap a major PIA I presume?

lol. long time listener, first time caller. Not yet, don't have an EBR dealer close where I can visually inspect the differences and can not currently find any reference dimensions on the web, but this is what I do at my day job (robotics engineer for major aircraft engine manufacturer) and have a ton of fabrication resources from 3-D modeling rapid prototype machines, EDM's, 5 axis mills, etc., etc. So yes maybe PIA but not impossible. Determination vs common sense, maybe.

Or trade your 1125 in for a 1190

#1 not in a position to purchase yet.
#2 like the 1125R styling verses 1190RX. Too many straight lines and hard corners. 1125R sexy curves like comparing a new Ferrari or Lambo to a GT40 MKIII.

WIGGLE2
10-10-2014, 03:11 PM
That's cool mrlogix! It's always neat to see what different people on here do for a living. I wouldn't THINK they'd have change much. But....one NEVER knows! It would suck if you'd were a expecting a 'bolt-in', spent good money, then find out it's not even close. Some guys just 'assume' "it has to be the same"!

heagachongoose
10-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Mrlogix, I was in canal winchester (just south east of Columbus) at pegram racing the other day and they had both an RX and an SX but sadly were not open :( . I will probably be back up there sometime this weekend and I'll try to get some good pictures and whatnot for yavto compare with the 1125. Assuming they're open this time lol

mrlogix
10-10-2014, 06:43 PM
thanks goose, do me a favor, if you take pictures please put a 6" scale or something for reference in the pic please.
Thanks again,
the one eyed one