PDA

View Full Version : 08 xb9 tuning questions

kaktus
10-12-2014, 04:10 AM
I have been searching and have been getting a lot of different answers.

I have a 2008 xb9 with jardine exhaust and K'N intake along with a Daytona tuner (piggy-back)

I have read the 2008-2010 you can not tune these, and I have to use my piggy back ecu. I also read that you actually can tune these and you have to use protuner software. If this is possible where can I find maps at?
I wanted to buy a race ECM but can not find any for sale not even eric buell racing sales them on their site for my year.
I also read the 2008+ doesn't even need ecu upgrades if you had mods because the ecu is self learning.

I have also read a lot of negative things about my Daytona tuner twin tuner so I would like to get rid of it. I did not buy it, it came with the bike.

Cfensty
10-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Right there with you buddy. ECM Spy is shutdown along with XoptiInside and EBR won't do the tuning anymore. I even contacted Twin Cycles across the pond but they don't do it either.

I have a 2009 XB9 with race exhaust and K&N filter I have done the breather reroute mod. Bike runs pretty good when warm other than the decel popping but it's horrible/unridable when cold. Sounds like you need a degree in chemistry, quantum mechanics and computer science to take this on yourself using Tunerpro.

I guess I am throwing in the towel. Just going to warm my bike up as best I can and deal with what I got. I might curse at her sometimes but I still love her![mad]:)

sewerman
10-22-2014, 07:31 PM
I used the EBR race ECM that I bought from them. I was pleased with rhe results. I just checked their website and they are still selling them as far as I CAN SEE. Mine is an 09 with Jardine and K&N.

lawdog
10-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Yes you can tune 2008-2010. Reason many people say you can't is because the older (aka free) version of ECMSPY floating around doesn't. But you can buy the current version of ECMSPY to do it. I am not sure if Mike is still offering the tuning. I am not active on here very much lately. I don't use TunerPro so can't help you there. I do it old school with hexdata and excel spreadsheets. Sorry I don't have the time to tune other people's bikes.
Brett

ich
10-22-2014, 08:53 PM
ECM Spy is shutdown
Ach ja, der tägliche neue Schwachsinn in diesem Expertenforum ...

along with XoptiInside
Frage: Was hat der denn mit EcmSpy zu tun?
Antwort: gar nichts.

jetlee
10-22-2014, 09:03 PM
You put "tuning" in the thread title. Huge no-no if you don't want dip**** ich's worthless input.

As previously stated, you can tune 08+ with TunerPro or ECMSpy Mono. Even ECMDroid supports DDFI-3, so you can datalog quite easily as well.

user_deleted
10-22-2014, 10:20 PM
You put "tuning" in the thread title. Huge no-no if you don't want dip**** ich's worthless input.

roger that jetlee. might qualify as the best 2 sentences i've read on here all year.:D

WIGGLE2
10-23-2014, 12:32 PM
This guy is STILL around?! Lol! Wonder if he bought a bike yet?!

user_deleted
10-23-2014, 10:03 PM
^^^^^^ :D[up] to ricky boy!

rchuff
10-23-2014, 10:23 PM
He can't afford to buy common sense let alone a motorcycle! :D

WIGGLE2
10-24-2014, 01:02 PM
You know.....seriously, it's a shame. I THINK he is a fairly intelligent person who COULD bring a lot of good info to the table. But he'd rather be like he is and contribute nothing but condescension to those who have issues. Let's face it.....99% of us are common folk. Some have very little mechanical abilities but enjoy the bike. But even some of what THEY bring to the table may be able to help someone! Others are true craftsmen....able to weld, fab, or machine just about anything. It's guys like this we will need in the future when our parts pipeline dries up. Others are true electronic/computer gurus....we sure need some of them! Although I can't understand half of it, I TRY to learn something from them. Others are just good 'mechanics'....able to give advise on broken studs, electrical glitches and what have you. Sure...we can all get a little short and smart assy when our toes get stepped on....it's human nature. It happens with the BEST of friends. But....we get over it and move forward. But ich just can't seem to grasp this. It's just a shame to see what may be a good talent just being wasted.

rchuff
10-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Well spoken Ricky. [up][up]

jetlee
10-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Sure...we can all get a little short and smart assy when our toes get stepped on....it's human nature. It happens with the BEST of friends. But....we get over it and move forward.
[up]