PDA

View Full Version : brake grab problem 1125 R help

XBBrad
10-18-2014, 12:08 AM
okay my new 1125r just pick me over the handlebars. I was only doing 15 20 miles an hour damage is minimal but I got to get this problem fixed it's not safe. When slowing down the front brakes feel like their pulsing my XB never did this. Please help any help would be appreciated

Matteson
10-18-2014, 02:11 AM
New rotor and hardware maybe. My original rotor started to do that after 30k. I put one on with 10k and the problem went away.

user_deleted
10-18-2014, 10:38 AM
okay my new 1125r just pick me over the handlebars.

so can we gleen from this that your front brake is so deficient that it locked up and spit you over the bars? jeesh!
it's 2 seperate problems you're having issue with. pulsing lever is the result from either a warped rotor and/or defective rotor mounting hardware.
locking up the front wheel upon brake application has absolutely nothing to do with the rotor. it is the result from a defective master cylinder, defective caliper, 1 or more caliper pistons stuck in its respective bore, or collapsed brake hose. do NOT continue to ride it...only a buffoon would.

Theycallmecrash
10-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Aftermarket levers?

Im curious do aftermarket levers affect 1125 masters the same as xbs? Where if not modified will appky brake pressure?

user_deleted
10-20-2014, 07:47 PM
^^^^ yes they do jacob. any aftermarket lever added to a stock master cylinder that either hangs up in its perch....or lacks sufficient clearance between cylinder piston and lever engagement point will give catastrophic results.