PDA

View Full Version : New American made sport bike..

buellxb
11-16-2006, 09:28 PM
I just found out about this new American made sport bike. It looks pretty extreme and almost uncomfortable at first glance, but it's priced right. Check out the Fischer site and tell me what you think about the Fischer MRX.
Fischer MRX american sport bike (http://www.fischer1.com/)

2Evil4U
11-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Interesting. Price doesn't seem too stupid for a 50 unit production bike. Not really my bag. My Ulysses has a higher power to weight ratio too.

BuellPartsGuy
11-17-2006, 02:53 AM
sounds slow...... Like really slow[down]

paperclip
11-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Different technology than the buells, but not slow by any means. The SV650 has less power and is wicked fast for a 650. Seems pretty interesting.

BuellPartsGuy
11-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I just dont like the fact that I have all this torque and cant pick up the front end at 75mph. I wish there was a cheaper and easier way to re-gear these Buells. I am also hoping in the next couple years, they put a 6 speed in the Buells. They need it for cruising on the freeways. Plus I am going to need something liquid cooled for riding this next summer so I don't melt this one down sitting in traffic...

ab420
11-17-2006, 07:31 PM
That's pretty cool looking. Fischer MRX motorcycle

paperclip
11-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I believe there's liquid cooling kits out there for buells. Otherwise, I would say that is they're downfall

aircub
11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
You might look at the engine as not an american made part. If I remember right it is a Hyosung. Korea?

buellseye
12-09-2006, 03:27 PM
very pretty bike and does seem a little slow but i havent riden it. nice to see more american sport bikes coming out. we need to show them support.[up]

buellxb
12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
You're totally right buellseye. We need to support American innovation. It's hard to find anything these days that's 100% American made. Even a Chevy truck is made of 80% China parts, and then half of them go through final assembly in Canada or Mexico. If something is 51%+ American made I'm satisfied. :D

AlansHouse
01-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Looks nice, and only $8,000? I would like to see/ try one in person.

Buzz
01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
I like the idea of an American sports bike but from everything I've seen the best you can say about the Fischer set-up is American ASSEMBLED.

Swordsman
01-16-2007, 08:40 PM
It's cool, and I'm glad another American company is finally getting on board, but it looks JUST LIKE every other bike out there. Slap a Kawasaki badge on it, it'll look just like a Kawasaki, or put a Honda badge on it and it'll fit right in there too. No one would be the wiser. That's probably THE main reason I like Buell so much... you simply can't confuse it for anything else!

Hopefully Fischer will be able to hang in there long enough that they can truly develop their own style, and a couple of different models to choose from. I have to give 'em credit, they've got the coolest instrument cluster I've ever seen on a production bike!

I'm curious though, why do they call themselves "exotic"???

~SM

crashbuell
06-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Well, if the engine is a Hyosung and isn't American, I'm not interested. I can appreciate the fact that it's considered "American", but if the engine, which is the heart and soul of any bike, isn't American, then the bike isn't either. It's the proverbial "sheep in wolf's clothing". If it looks like chicken, smells like chicken, but tastes like rice...

DruAdams
06-19-2007, 05:40 PM
another tofu bike?

NOMORE4s4ME
06-19-2007, 07:31 PM
If you can choke down how ugly it is. Reminds me of a UM. I saw a UM dealership this weekend and had to pull in to see what they were. They looked so cheap...but might be good beginer bikes you very young riders

His_and_Her_Buells
06-26-2007, 08:50 PM
[down]No Thanks, The price don't even look that good once you put the options on it to make competitive with the Jap bikes.

buellxb
06-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I would by the real motorcycle first. The Fischer MRX looks like a Hyosung with a pimp kit for more $$$. I saw a Hyosung at Gold Gym the other day, and I'd take it over a CBR 600 for the price.Hyosung Motors (http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/)