PDA

View Full Version : Blast lot ???

bill1wts
11-24-2014, 09:06 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase 4 blast which run and have less than 4000 miles on them - they range from 2001 to 2007. These were used in a motorcycle class so there are no mirros, no signals and lots of scratches. Alll of them run good, start right up but .....none shift higher than 3rd. I have done some research and they may just need adjusting or it could be bent forks....I am not a master mechanic but have done enough to fix these bikes. I know very little about them and whether they are worth the headache. I can purchase the lot for 2250.00 and it includes a 5th parts bike which is missing the seat, battery, and clutch...

My question is ... are they worth it to fix and sell or should I avoid it...I am new to this forum so thanks for any advise.

Bill

jetlee
11-24-2014, 09:11 PM
If I had the $2,250.00 to do it, I would in a heartbeat.

Even if all had bad transmissions, you could sell each for $750-$1k and still make a profit.

If they turn out to be just needing a shift-pawl adjustment, then you're out <$100 in mirrors/blinkers (each) and could flip each for $2k+ and make good profit.

bill1wts
11-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Not sure I could get 2000 with the plastic tore up. my son bought one of the better ones for 1500. they all seem to leak oil around the dipstick - is that common with these. My goal is to keep one and get my money back. They are pretty neat bikes... little different ride from my vrod