PDA

View Full Version : Buell ECM Spy cable TPS reset ecmspy

arturoahansen
12-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Hi:

can I perform a ECM reset on a uly xb12xt 2009? I want to buy the ecmspy cable but all I can found is for 1998-2008 models, please help

Enemy Zero
12-01-2014, 05:04 PM
The 08+ buells do not require ecmspy for tps reset if that's what you're looking to do. Here's the procedure:

08+ Buells Throttle Position Reset.
Set Kill Switch to Run FIRST.
Then Turn on Key. & do not start Engine.
Twist Throttle to Full Throttle one full second, then back to closed Throttle one second.
DO this only Three times Complete. Do Not Snap the Throttle when closing the Throttle hands on the throttle the whole time till done.
Turn off key only.
Turn on key switch,let Engine light go off then start the Engine.

As far as a full ecm reset would go, I'm not sure what you're trying to do but you'll need tunerpro for the 2008+ bikes.

arturoahansen
12-01-2014, 07:04 PM
I just installed a new race ecm, intalled a k&n filter and have an open exhaust and I´m having trouble at low rpm, when its hot and standing, the bike turns off, if I´m riding I don´t have the problem but if I stop at a red light, my bike shuts off, I was thinking to reset the ecm and throw new maps, or what do you recomend? I already reset the throtle several times and nothing happens

Beastrider
03-12-2015, 08:31 AM
It states on ECMSPY that you should open the throttle angle to 5.1 degrees as a start. When i open mine to that position the bike idles very high and shuts down nearly immediatly. I need to clse the angle all the way to about 2 degree to get the bike idling. Is this normal?

user_deleted
03-12-2015, 01:39 PM
I need to clse the angle all the way to about 2 degree to get the bike idling. Is this normal?

no.