PDA

View Full Version : whats the worst thing about a buell

stopie20
04-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Ok, so I have 800 total miles on the clock ad notice a slight oil leak on my 12s around the rocker box/pushrod case im thinkin warranty and smilin.... Then I drove the 75 miles to my closest buell/harley dealer (who told me it was a two hour job) dropped the bike off then headed to breakfast. the call during breakfast to tell me it wont be ready till tomorrow (now im not happy)so I drive home... they call tonight to report the alignment pin for the cylinder head was "damaged when they removed the head" Is this possible? now I'm waiting on parts. What happened to hours?..... So, the worst thing about a Buell? Service by Harley! Sorry for the long post, but i needed to vent. [mad]

dave_xb12r
04-23-2009, 02:04 AM
It sucks that it happed. But all I can says is accidents happen. No tech is perfect. Be nice to the dealership because something major could come up down the road and they could easily choose not to warranty it.

xtremelow
04-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Agreed they could have tried to cobble it back together, so I say better done right the first time than 2nd or 3rd time around.

stopie20
04-23-2009, 09:18 AM
I guess I should have included more detail.
The tech said he "found" the pin damaged thats what I thought was odd. I understand that accidents happen and I can deal with that, but it worries me that the pin was "found" damaged. I also offered to pay for next day shipping of the parts but they didnt seem intrested in that as an option

oh well, guess Im stuck ridin two up with the wife this weekend.
[sad]