PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone remapped with stock exhaust?

dave_xb12r
04-23-2009, 04:43 AM
I kind of like having a quiet exhaust, but I think its time to remap and open the airbox. I haven't done it yet because I wanted to do it right and do everything at once. Being how remapping is so cheap now, I think its time. But I'm wondering if anyone has opened the airbox and did a custom map with stock exhaust. Would it be worth it?

LeFox
04-23-2009, 09:47 AM
you can always adjust from EPA standard setting to power settings...

you'll feel the difference no matter what exhaust. ;)

GatorBuell
04-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Yes you will feel the difference. Before I did my exhaust and K&N I did some logging to see what the AFR on a stock bike was and what the EGO correction swing went to. I did some tuning and the bike felt a lot better on the top end. The 3 to 5k roll on felt a lot crisper and real responsive. Megalog added quite a bit of fuel in the closed loop area and top end. I ran it hard in the upper rpm's in 85 degree weather for about 20 miles and the fan did not come on until I turned the bike off. [up]

dave_xb12r
04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow thanks gator! I can't wait to tune it now!

badbob
04-29-2009, 07:17 PM
LeFox
what are you referring too as "EPA" & "Power" settings. I am using ecmspy to reset the tps, and have looked around, but have never seen a setting screen?

LeFox
04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
you can set you af ratio for different things.

best settings for the environment/complete burn is a stochiometric value of 14.7. but if you want performance, you need to run a richer mixture, meaning more fuel, value around 13.2 is safe for our engines.

but there's no real button in ecmspy to chose power or epa settings...those you have to adjust yourself, since it all depends on your setup

GatorBuell
04-29-2009, 08:48 PM
but there's no real button in ecmspy to chose power or epa settings...those you have to adjust yourself, since it all depends on your setup

You can just move your mid point up in the ecm config page. Dont quote me but I believe if you go up just one number it will drop it to 14.3. I will look it up to make sure.

If you bump up your maps your ecm will adjust for stonch and remove fuel unless you turn off closed loop learn and run off just the map but you will have to make sure its right or plan on replacing your motor.

jvietstylz
05-20-2009, 07:12 PM
GatorBuell, its seems like you can help me. 05 xb12r with open air box and a special ops exhaust. I cannot figure out how to adjust the fuel maps properly. I learned how to work the ECM spy software but not the megalog viewer yet. I adjusted it in the regions i thought I was supposed to be at but on the decelrate, there was alot of popping. Can you help me out with this or do any of you guys have fuel maps I can check out with a similar set up for me to play with. I eventually reloaded the ecm to defualt and have given up for now. PLEASE HELP!

dave_xb12r
05-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Hopefully Gator can help, but if not, keep xopti in mind. I just had Mike at Xoptiinside.com remap my bike. [up]

He normally has it done over night, it costs $100, and and you dont have to do any tuning yourself.

ADAMLEE
05-20-2009, 07:32 PM
American sportbike has maps for sale. I think there 100$ or so.

Has anyone bought there maps, how do they work?

GatorBuell
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
GatorBuell, its seems like you can help me. 05 xb12r with open air box and a special ops exhaust. I cannot figure out how to adjust the fuel maps properly. I learned how to work the ECM spy software but not the megalog viewer yet. I adjusted it in the regions i thought I was supposed to be at but on the decelrate, there was alot of popping. Can you help me out with this or do any of you guys have fuel maps I can check out with a similar set up for me to play with. I eventually reloaded the ecm to defualt and have given up for now. PLEASE HELP!

Did you do any logging with megalog then run the Ve analyzer?
I will make a new post on set up for logging and the analyzer. I never move anything myself or at least never take away anything, I let megalog do it.

GatorBuell
05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
All right stay tuned this is going to take awhile to write this all up. So It may take a day to get it all in.