PDA

View Full Version : eml light coming on

scooby
01-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Iam about to but a 2007 XBx ulysess it has a remus can ive been told by the present owner the engine manigement light comes on but not to worry as this is just because of the free flowing can and filter ?? is that right or is there problems lurking ..

scooby
01-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Help am i buying a Lemon .... it seems ok in all other aspects

user_deleted
01-24-2015, 12:07 PM
been told by the present owner the engine manigement light comes on but not to worry as this is just because of the free flowing can and filter

that would be true. what's also true is that all the Apollo missions were filmed at a secret studio location somewhere in New Mexico........and that i am selling waterfront building lots in Daytona Beach, FL for $2500 each.

it's referred to as the CEL or check engine light and initially activates when initially turning on key and red run switch. part of start up procedure. after system cycles thru it should go out. if it remains lit in essence it's saying to the operator something is awry with the bike, the ecm needs accessed and read, and the problem resolved. operating the bike with the CEL illuminated typically leads to compounded problems resulting to the unresolved initial problem. the decision to purchase in this existing condition rests solely with you.

Theycallmecrash
01-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Lunatic, youre a poet!

user_deleted
01-24-2015, 04:40 PM
^^^^^:) you're the man jacob. still looking for a few hot wheels models for ya. if i find any i'll fire them out to you.

oh9bolt
01-24-2015, 05:22 PM
[up]

Theycallmecrash
01-24-2015, 07:50 PM
[up] Thanks i really appreciate that!

MnBueller
02-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Don't know if you're still considering this bike, but it could be something simple.
If whoever installed the new exhaust didn't deal with the exhaust valve system properly, it would do exactly what you describe. The simplest way is to remove the cable, but keep the actuator on the bike and plugged in. It will still cycle when you turn the bike on and tell the computer everything is O.K. that way. If the actuator is gone but the plug is sitting there, you have probably found the issue.
Something to look into.

MnBueller
02-17-2015, 10:57 PM
Don't know if you're still looking at this bike, but it could be something pretty simple.
If the previous owner who installed the new exhaust didn't do anything about the exhaust valve, that could be triggering your light. Check to see if the actuator on top of the airbox is still there. If it is and plugged in, turn the key on and watch to see if it goes through a cycle at power-up. If it is gone and the plug is just laying there, you may have found the issue. The ECM needs the see that it's there and working or it will throw a code and the light will illuminate. Just something to check...